OT - Henry Ford, Elwood E. Rice, James Couzens and Gaston Plaintiff

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Henry Ford, Elwood E. Rice, James Couzens and Gaston Plaintiff
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

This link on the 2011 forum discussed these four men riding in a Model K:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/180573.html?1294178364

While at THF, I came across the same photograph, with all four identified. As it turns out, the photo and card were used at the January 13, 1923 Ohio Society of New York meeting and banquet held at the Waldorf Astoria. Guest speakers included Senator James Couzens and Will Rogers. I decided to find out a little more about the event and group.

This 1923 article lists some of the prominent members of the society:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 05:14 pm:

Rob, are you up north now? Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 10:48 pm:

Jerry,

No, I'm actually on vacation. My wife made me go somewhere warm for a week (and not Kansas).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:47 pm:

Saturday was 64 degrees, today 23. Thursday is to be in the low 50's. Please let me know the next time your heading to GV

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration