1926-27 touring rewooding plans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1926-27 touring rewooding plans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 09:00 pm:

Does anyone have a set of the Miller 1926-27 rewooding plans. How many pages are in this set?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:03 am:

You might be able to deal with his daughter she still lives in his house in Oregon and she may still deal with Mel's plans. I can get more info later. I have visited the place several times and met his daughter, Mel was a great guy and new alot about Ts but he had some issues. He was Dano's double in the series Hawaii 50, he looked just like him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:25 am:

If anyone finds a source for this, please let me know. I would be interested in purchasing a set as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

There is not much wood in a 26-7 touring car, look at Fordwood site they show you what you need

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 01:30 pm:

A year or so ago his daughter, Jennifer had a website trying to sell reprints of his plans. There was some mention of it on the forum with mixed results.
Cant find it now after a search. But it was there for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

I have met Jennifer on several occasions and she does her own thing, I think she is still at 2030 Gary in Albany. She has a soft spot for pennyfarthing bicycles she says the big wheel represents a penny and the small represents a farthing. There was a guy in Findlay Ohio that restores and reproduces the big wheeled bicycles. Mel Miller has a son that lives in Portland somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 02:50 pm:

I bought a few things from her in early 2012, then when I tried to go to her website nothing happened. It was www.modeltmel.com . For a while she was real active, attempting to chase people who were selling her dad's copyrighted plans. She was offering Mel's plans for sale and other stuff she could round up that he left behind, then she just seemed to disappear. I haven't been able to contact her since mid 2012.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 03:43 pm:

The 26-27 touring plans have three sheets. The place that does my copy work lost the 3rd sheet. I gave them a call about the missing sheet and they found it under their copy machine, so all is well. Just to let anyone know Mel Millers plans have never been copyrighted. I looked for them at the copyright office and they have no record of him or his prints. I have plans from 1913-27 for the roadsters and tourings. I also have someone that has the prints for the 1923-25 coupe that I refer those in need of coupe plans to him.
Zachary if you e-mail me off the forum we can talk about the 26-27 touring plans. I will be at Chickasha with all my plans and T parts in the south building spaces SC8&9. Tford1914@ bellsouth.net Remove the T to e-mail me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 04:47 pm:

Leon Parker:

There is almost NO WOOD in a 26 roadster or touring. I don't believe that Mel Miller ever produced rewooding plans for a 26. There is so little wood in a 26 that all I do is just draw my own plans on pieces of wood and cut. About all you need is some wood for tack strips.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

Yes there are wood plans for the 26-27 roadsters and tourings. Most of the wood is tack strips, bottom seat supports and seat backs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 07:05 pm:

Leon,
You wrote, "..Mel Millers plans have never been copyrighted".

As long as Mel Miller's or his descendants have no problem with coping them you should be fine but there is no requirement for owners of original works to formally register for copyright to be protected by copyright laws.

Any work is under copyright protection the moment it is created. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation but the creator of the work is the copyright owner no matter if it is registered or not.

http://www.copyright.gov/

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

The plans I got over 10 years ago for my 15, had a COPYRIGHT statement on every page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 09:45 am:

Mine did also that I had for my 1919 Roadster. I do remember that they had the copyright statement on every page. I sold them a few years ago to a guy in Canada.
Just for information was there any other accurate plans for 'T's besides Mel Millers?
In the early 70's that was all that was being produced that I could find when I found the remains of my 1919 Roadster.

By now there is no telling how many times they have been copied by many folks.

By the way I still have Mel's handwritten letter he sent to me in 71 where he advised me to 'cut out' his full size patterns leaving about 1/4" for extra margin!
I wonder how many people did that. I didn't. A little later I bought the complete wood kit from Fordwood because I didn't want to spend the time or money for wood working equipment.

The plans sure helped in assembly though. Especially the part about fit-up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 09:51 am:

One more thing about his plans.
He did say in his hand written letter he sent me that he had plans for 1914 to 1925 "roadsters and tourings" only.
The letter is dated July 9, 1971. He could of made other plans after that since he had not been in business very long.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration