Old Photo - Brass Era - Unloading Model T's At The Rail Platform

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era - Unloading Model T's At The Rail Platform
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:28 pm:

By the looks of the windshield support rod, I'd say the assembled car in the foreground is a 1913. The three chassis and chassis with the body (but no fenders) look like 1913 also. However on the closer of the two cars in the back, the firewall doesn't look like it has square corners.

Looks like six automobiles per rail car.

Any idea where this photo was taken?

Thanks for posting, Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

Sorry no provenance on this pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

If it's on the NC&StL line, it could be anywhere between Hickman KY and Atlanta. But if that boxcar is being used by some other line, it could be anywhere in the country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 06:47 am:

The photo is from Sonora California. The Model T's were being delivered to George Goelz's dealership in downtown Sonora.

I posted a copy of it on the forum from a magazine a friend had in California when I was there in 2011.

The post can be found at September 6th at 6:55am.
Sorry I could not transfer it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 07:02 am:

Here's Peter's posting from 2011: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/233886.html?1315306557

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration