A Big Thankyou to Whoever Rebuilds Carburetors for Lang's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: A Big Thankyou to Whoever Rebuilds Carburetors for Lang's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 08:32 am:

Yesterday, I received the rebuilt Kingston L4 carburetor that I had ordered from Lang's. It is a work of art!

Thankyou so much to whoever did the work, you are a true craftsman, please identify yourself and take a bow.

I made a simple stand for it with some scrap wood and am keeping it covered with the plastic bag it came with until I'm ready to install it (FYI, I installed the fuel inlet elbow, the carb came with a plastic plug in the fuel inlet).

carb1

carb2

carb3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Fretschl Oshkosh Wi on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 09:39 am:

I'm also very satisfied with the rebuilt carb. that I bought from Lang's some years back. At the time I checked it over , and with out changing their settings installed it and the car fired right up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 09:42 am:

Look on the mounting flange,if it is stamped with a "P" ,Russ Potter did it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:04 am:

I checked, it has an "L" and a "P" stamped into the flange, so it's either Russ or maybe an apprentice, thanks Russ!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:21 am:

I saw his work at Hershey. Beautiful stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 11:58 am:

Good choice on the L4. Overall I found the L4 had a good idle, easy start and didn't need as much fussing as the NH that I ran for sometime. I am running a Stromberg now but keep my L4 as a backup.
When rebuilding my L4 I used a NH throttle and bushed the housing. The butterfly slot lined up and everything went together nicely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 12:40 pm:

I wish you luck with it, I bought a new NH from another vender(Not Langs) and Iv never got it to work right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

And never will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 07:32 am:

I helped Bus Scudder several years ago install one of those new NH carbs on his "1915" TT truck. It had a Grose Jet in it that would not stop leaking, constantly flooding. We replaced the Grose Jet with a totally worn out looking original needle and seat from a junk carburetor, with a new gasket. The new carb worked fine after that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 10:58 am:

A new NH? I'm surprised there is such a thing. With so many originals around, and so cheap, manufacturing new ones sounds like a sure money-loser.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:02 am:

I have a rebuilt nh from and langs and it is a beauty, just hope it runs good, will know soon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:04 am:

I think the outfit that had the new ones made is Oklahoma Vintage Ford parts. I agree that it was a stupid venture with so many originals around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:07 am:

Ebay and the internet have destroyed the illusion of rarity on many things. I have a bunch of those Hallmark Christmas ornaments that plug into the Christmas tree light sockets, I thought they might be worth something, so I looked on Ebay, there were hundreds of them for sale. Oh well....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:19 am:

LOL Mark. I had a similar "revelation" concerning an extensive collection of Hallmark ornaments. Years back we went to a toy fair/flea market at the Atlantic City Convention Center. A dealer there had built his booth out of crates filled with Hallmarks. He had dozens of every item I had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:25 am:

Anybody want to buy hundreds of romance novels? My late aunts were addicted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:29 am:

I always see good rebuildable NH's at Chickasha.
They are plentiful to be sure.
I always look in the trailers of so called junk and usually find one under a pile of this and that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:50 am:

Yup, At the top of the Beanie Baby craze a 'had to have' model would knock the snot out of a fist full of Benjamin's. That same beanie baby today can be had on Ebay for a handful of pocket change.

Steve, Sounds like a Fahrenheit 451 moment is in order. Those Pulp Fiction novels have a lot of BTU's in them. I would think they'd be worth there weight in Propane these days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Jacobs on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 06:13 pm:

I just got a rebuilt NH from Lang's after a 3 month wait. Just installed it and it is peeing fuel from the side. There is a small hole on the engine side and gas is just wizzing out of it. What does that mean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 06:15 pm:

Needle is stuck open on the float.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Jacobs on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 06:18 pm:

Thanks....So these are designed to leak fuel? Big hammer solve the problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 06:49 pm:

Kevin, a little hammer is often enough to cause the float/needle to.free up and do as they are meant to.Hit the manifold rather than the carb.

Hope this helps.

allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration