TT enclosed cab question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: TT enclosed cab question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 11:37 am:

I am in the process of restoring an enclosed cab TT and discovered the metal angle or bracket at the rear of the cab is missing. From the pictures I have been able to find it appears this piece goes across the entire width of the cab. Could someone please provide me with some close up pictures and dimensions. The thickness and end profile would really help in reproducing something that will work, but also be reasonably close to original. Any helpful hints or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bill Schubert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Kelly on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

William, I have one I am currently rebuilding... I'll send you pictures and sizes this weekend when I am back at my garage... Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 02:26 pm:

Howell makes them, look in his catalog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 05:10 pm:

William,

I have a used one if you are interested. I can send photos. Email me at aloso@q.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 06:36 am:

Bill,
I have some pictures for you. Please send me an email at tnuts@nb.sympatico.ca

For some reason I can't post on the MTFCI Ton truck link.

Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Kelly on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

Bill, are these the brackets you are referring too? They are in the upper back section of the cab? if so, I can get you exact measurements... TimTT Rear Cab Brackets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 03:49 pm:

Tim,
I already did some sheet metal origami using an original one from my cab. The part I was looking for is the back of cab bracket that connects the cab to the frame.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 04:16 pm:

Bill,

Did you get my email?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 05:34 pm:

Andy,
I did get your email and will respond with a private message. I have been out of town for several days, a good friend's daughter is filming a short movie for a college class project and one of my T's has a role in it. I can honestly say it wasn't much fun driving around in 13 degree weather in the snow. Anxious to see the finished product.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

Bill,
Nobody has answered publicly what I think your question was! Are you talking about the bottom, back of the closed cab that allows you to mount it to the frame? Mine was rusted away and had the removable part of a scrape blade laying across the frame, under the light sheet metal around the gas tank. I fabricated something, but, don't remember what. I can crawl under it and look at it if you still need that. I don't know what's available now, but, when I did mine, there wasn't a lot available for the TTs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:32 pm:

Mike,

Andy sent me some pictures of the piece you described. Thanks for the offer, but I think I have it covered now.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

Bill are these pics of what you want?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration