Arkansas Tin Lizzies Summer Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Arkansas Tin Lizzies Summer Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 06:19 pm:

The Arkansas Tin Lizzies 2014 Summer Tour will be based in Grove, OK, July 17, 18, and 19. The host hotel is Best Western Timberridge Inn. Their phone number is 918-786-6900. Call them directly (not via internet) to reserve your room, and mention the Model T Club tour to get our special rate of $84.59 + taxes per night. Make your reservation early. Grove is a fairly small town near a very large lake, so the local hotels will surely fill up for July. The host hotel also has some RV hookups for $30/night.

Some points of interest which we will visit are Har-Ber Village, Darryl Starbird's National Hot Rod and Custom Car Hall of Fame, Afton Station Packard Museum, and Lendonwood Gardens. One day we will tour to Miami, OK to see the Coleman Theater, Dobson Museum, and the Route 66 Vintage Iron Motorcycle Museum. Information about all of these sites is available online.

So join us for three days of Model T Fun touring northeast Oklahoma. As always, Arkansas Tin Lizzies tours are FREE! Contact: Mike Walker, 479-790-4229 or waterwalk999@gmail.com.

I sent the above message to Jay today, for inclusion in the VF magazine. Y'all Forum Folks get a head start on things. The host hotel didn't have a lot of rooms left when I was there a week ago, so don't tarry. In case they're sold out by the time you make up your mind to join us, there are a couple of other hotels in town which you can find thru a search for "Grove, OK lodging."

I think it'll be a great tour, and the price is right -- even for the "Mr. Thrifty's" among us. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 09:19 am:

Bump to top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 02:48 pm:

Made our reservation Monday. Bump, Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Bell on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 11:26 am:

Sounds like a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 01:31 pm:

Mike,

I hope I can make it this year. Sounds great!

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

Egad, I am slow, but I hope to have a car ready for touring by summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

Mike, i am thinking about coming but have a question, is the terrain very hilly and steep as it is here, or is it reasonably flat. My 26 has a K.C. Warford,Z head and 250 cam, my 24 Fordor has a Z head, 250 cam, ten tooth pinion, scat crank, it does OK on some hills but some are too much and low is needed.

Thanks

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 08:21 pm:

Rick -- Since this tour will be in NE Oklahoma, it's not as hilly as it is where you live or where I live. I just drove most of the routes today, trying to decide which roads to take from one point of interest to the next. There are a few "Ruckstell" hills, but not much in the way of a "low pedal" hill. Maybe one or two will require some T's to go to low pedal near the top, but there aren't any long low pedal hills. And the significant hills I just mentioned will all be on the first day of the tour, and that's a short day of touring with more time spent viewing attractions. The other two days' touring routes are mostly pretty flat. C'mon over and join us! It'll be a good tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Mike Do you have a map of the area and routes. If we were to stay at Siolem Springs Ark with my aunt and uncle how far from the tour. I was thinking about dropping the T off at Grove and then do the tour and drive back to Siolem Springs Ark. to my truck and trailer. A map would help me decide ...... Thanks ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:03 am:

Donnie -- I just did an internet search and found that from Siloam to Grove, OK is 43 miles, about 56 minutes' drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:38 am:

Or in a Model T, a couple of hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:51 am:

Thanks Mike .... I would still like to see a route map if you can make one. Boy, all the things Us Model T'ers want want want .!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

Donnie -- I am still finalizing each day's tour routes. I'm writing descriptions of the routes giving distances and turns but won't be making maps of them. All the routes are around Grove, Afton, and Miami, OK. None of them go toward Siloam Springs.

BTW, I'm glad to see some interest developing in this tour. I think it'll be a fun one. Our club's tours typically have anywhere from 8 to 15 cars. But the one which we advertised in the VF magazine 2 years ago had 40 cars! This one will be in the magazine, so I'm expecting to have a pretty good group. The tours are always more interesting and fun with more cars and more Model T folks in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Osburn on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 09:16 am:

Sounds good, Mike. Will see "yall" there. Thanks for doing this. Ron

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration