Henry Ford on a 1912 Henderson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Henry Ford on a 1912 Henderson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 02:41 am:

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 03:23 am:

Really? Here are a couple of portraits from the side of the Henry Ford we usually talk about here:
sideshot
HF

Cool pic of a really odd motorcycle :-) The passenger was seated in front of the driver on the 12's, it was started by a crank like a car & there was no transmission, just a clutch. The four cylinder engine was supposed to be flexible enough to handle all speeds in high.
From 1913 on they were more conventional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 02:14 pm:

Ken - Great photo of a neat cycle, however, that really doesn't look like Henry Ford to me,........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Fretschl Oshkosh Wi on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 03:27 pm:

I'd have to agree with Harold that's not Henry on the motorcycle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 12:35 am:

I have a 27 Henderson and their is plenty torque to do what ever you want in high gear. It will pull a hill in high as well as my modern HD. Great photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 02:37 am:

Sure it'll pull the hills in high, but starting from standing still in high in a hill would be hard on the clutch, I think. The other early single speed motorcycles had pedals to get them rolling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 03:52 am:

Yes I do believe you're right! That's not Henry after all.
We've got a 13 Henderson in the family. It's quite a bike, difficult to drive but spectacular to look at! Here's a picture. Note the license plate is close but is the wrong year. Can't find a 13.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration