Old Photo - Scene On The Road Near Cresco, Iowa

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Scene On The Road Near Cresco, Iowa
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

Jay: Hi From Cold In Iowa! I always enjoy your pictures, but wow - one from my area!! Remember All that dreaded MUD IS WHAT GIVES US THE BEST AG LAND IN THE WORLD!!! Cresco is just north of us (home of the famous all alu trailer). My best man at our wedding (40 years this July) grew up on a dairy farm just outside of Cresco! How can I get a copy? Thanks & keep it up. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

John, Glad you enjoyed this photo, I sent you a PM. Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

May be me but the dog just don't look right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

Gary, I agree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Shinta on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:49 pm:

That's a big dog , should have a harness and help pull . wink, wink

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

The roads there weren't much better there on Monday this week.

I had a truck driver turn around and come back because there were cars stuck in drifts in the middle of HWY 63 between Cresco and New Hampton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 07:39 pm:

Did they have photo-shop back then? Great pic but I agree, what's with that dog? Haven't seen ears that big even on a Basset Hound!!

Sorry Jay, not picking your pic apart, really.
Just having some fun with the mutt!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

Two possibilities on the dog:
1. A photo was shot of the original print with Fido pasted in place.

2. I forget the name of the process but it was used extensively in newpaper photos. I think it was simply a matter of outlining individuals, or certain objects so that they would stand out more clearly from a background of similar shade. Used to notice it a lot in some of the ancient history books I got to read in school.

I think this dog was pasted in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 09:42 pm:

Here's another photo from roughly the same time line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 10:48 pm:

I thought I'd check a street view and compare, but apparently they haven't done Elm Street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 11:39 pm:

They made some movies about Elm Street, the star was Freddy.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:03 am:

My wife lived on Elm St. (different town) when I first met her (in third grade). Her maiden name is the same as the girl in that movie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

Look at how wide that street is! Like 6 lanes worth at least for T's, and a good four for todays cars. Neat looking little town.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration