Old Photo - Sunday Outing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Sunday Outing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 10:28 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sundstrom on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 10:33 am:

Thanks, I'm saving this one. Great picture and reference for my T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 11:05 am:

Canadian Ford....

Driver's door and 30 x 3.5 front tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

I wonder what the lapel pins were, must be the reason for the Sunday best cloths since they all have one, even the Mrs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Dale, Here's a possibility.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 04:22 pm:

Since it's a Canadian car, maybe they were supporting one of the sides in the Canadian federal election of 1917, called the "Khaki election".
Female relatives to servicemen were allowed to vote for the first time, maybe that's why the lady also has a pin?

Ok, no snow and the election was held december 17, I may be way off - but the car looks new and should be in the 1917-18 range (looks like an over the axle wishbone)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:51 pm:

Could just be that it was closer to go to Canada to buy a new car then to a dealer in the US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

You just can't beat a large format camera for nice, clear, detailed pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 02:11 am:

Hmmm, I don't know that I'd say '17...looks more like something a wee bit later than that...look at front top bow strap, it's square cut, with a bull nose tip, it's just shiny enough to glint. Never let it be said that Fords were dull as dirt or had a satin finish, just look at that shine, you can almost see the photographer in it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration