For guys who like going fast!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: For guys who like going fast!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 11:18 am:

http://biggeekdad.com/2011/10/the-mojave-mile/

Has anybody on here attended?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 06:17 pm:

Never... but a quarter, 1320 feet, is as FAR as I want to ever go thank you. 138 mph was my best so far driving and that is scary enough. I have gone down the back straight on the Daytona (riding) in a race car that I did some work on and pit crewed for the driver but that is it for me. I have never wrecked yet and do NOT want too! (Squawk squawk) Just a little chicken I guess. How about you Les?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Hycner on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsMCvv4E3KY
Never did the mile run yet but here is a video of my Shelby in the 1/4. Running 11.07 at 126mph now but still can't get it to launch without spinning the tires. At Watkins Glen I run a consistent 147~150mph on the back straightaway. Had it up to 155-160 once and that was enough. But the T is still more fun to drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:36 pm:

I am working on a flathead T (T engine) that want to go 130 mph in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

Had a pro street car that was blown and injected, dynoed at 824hp at 6800 rpm now that was fun but it sure broke a lot of parts all the time. The T's are a whole lot friendlier for braking parts. Friends ask me how I can go from 800+ hp to 30hp, I tell them same thrill just different ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 11:05 pm:

WOW, you guys impress me! Jim I use to work on Bill Metzger's cars from Long Island. He ran at Watkins and Islip. He was also on the World of Sports on TV. He was from L I and his family had the Coffee Truck business sowed up in down town N.Y. city. He was famous for figure 8 racing. Maybe you have heard of him??? Also Paul Prince who is listed on the wall at Shelbys and in "THE BOOK" for shelbys. Paul's is a 1968 I believe. I am not into Mustangs but have done 4. I did one of his cars too. I do NOT want to get into that car with you! Too Fast! Lets keep in touch on what everyone is doing. pm me so we won't bore the forum as it is probably of no interest here and I need these guys to aid me in finishing up my long awaiting T's. I had to build my home, took 14 years and my shop, 11 years now, until I could start on ANY cars. I owe a couple of people on some T stuff and one A and I need to get those pieces out first. All of my tools and machines along with my car parts are stored and awaiting my FINDING them all to begin again soon I hope. Thanks for the conversation.
Joe I have Never had anything so powerful! T's are fun but I do not want to ride in them over 50 mph. I have ridden in several and also built bucket T's . But do not like riding in anything with too much of me sticking above the sides of the car at speeds. Yeah I have been there but do not like it for long. You guys are much more gutsy than me. I won't ride in a speedster for that same reason even though they ARE the ORIGINAL hot rods!!!! If I am to go that fast which I have I want a WHOLE car covering me. Chicken I guess. We've all done crazy things in our time I am sure. That is why I like so many cars I guess. One for each occasional use! I really got into the bucket T's in the 60's and I used REAL STEAL bodies then. I used conduit (EMT) to stiffen them up by brazing as the body tin came from dump scrap piles from the 40's in land fills and river bed flood protection fill ins. But they, none the less, were real tin. I got the ideas from TV (77 Sunset Strip) and magazines of the times. Where I first found Norm Grabowski in LA and Orange county, Then when he moved to Ark not far from where I grew up...WOW. We got to know each other better. I will not go over 60 to 70 mph in a short sided T. I am short legged and tall in the saddle! No Guts I guess!
Les I have 7 flatheads here in the shop. I started drag racing them when I was 14 and in my old jalopy hot rods. These were my FIRST engines to drive. I learned a lot on them. They are hard to work on and prone to cracking. My best in a quarter with one of them was about 96 mph if I remember right (no where NEAR 130 mph)!!! And that was not a stock engine!!! I am impressed with what you are doing! Lets keep in touch on what everyone is doing. pm me so we won't bore the forum as it is probably of no interest here and I need these guys to aid me in finishing up my long awaiting T's. I had to build my home took 14 years and my shop, 11 years now, until I could start. I owe a couple of people on some T stuff and need to get those pieces out first. All of my tools and machines along with my car parts are stored and awaiting my FINDING them all to begin again soon I hope. Thanks for the conversation. It is all snow and very cold outside so I have been inside and on the computer driving everyone crazy! Thanks guys for the space and time. Sorry to talk so long. Being an old teacher I guess?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration