1914 roadster seat springs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1914 roadster seat springs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Wilkins, Oregon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:03 pm:

I need some advice or better yet some pictures of what the seat cushion and back rest springs look like in the car. I have springs from Snyder's. Is the top of the back rest spring flush with the body sheet metal or higher ? I'm just trying to pre fit things before i get serious. I have nothing to go by as this car had only enough wood to hold the sheet metal together. Any advice would help. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Sigler on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:46 pm:

Bill, I have a 14 touring that I had the same problem with. I chose not to use the backrest springs because it didn't feel or look right. I used just the backing that came with the upholstery kit and some stuffing. It worked out for me. But my car is not a show car it is a driver. best of luck.

Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

Don Lang has a touring body on ebay right now,which shows the springs. Might be worth a look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 03:08 pm:

Bill, here are some shots of the seats in my 14 roadster, I hope it helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 03:33 pm:

I found these installation videos from Classtique Upholstery very helpful when I was doing the upholstery on my 1923 touring / pickup conversion last year:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classtique/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 04:06 pm:

Carter cut and cover told me about 30 years ago, that 1914 touring and roadster did not use back springs.

They started on the 1915's.

The original Upholstery we took off the two cars, Did Not have springs in the back rests.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Wilkins, Oregon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 04:14 pm:

It really helps to get other views . A person can get tunnel vision on there own items. The videos are great. Nice little tricks to make a nice job.
I can see by leaving the back springs out would be ok as there isn't much room to work with. Seeing a very nice finish job shows me what to shoot for. This help with other ideas. Now back to the shop and put this information to use. More info would be nice . Never to much. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 04:26 pm:

Without the back spring you'll have some more room and it's good to have some extra leg and belly room for people of today - they were smaller 100 years ago ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 05:36 pm:

I forgot to mention that mine does not have springs it is only padding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

It's looks real good Mike!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration