OT but barely: A long-time Model A Club member laid to rest in St Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT but barely: A long-time Model A Club member laid to rest in St Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 03:09 pm:

When I opened my Post-Dispatch this morning, this photo and story were in the middle of the front page.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/photos-classic-car-lovers-in-st-louis-l ay-one-of/article_fad452e6-8f69-5d87-9292-85bc857155b4.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 04:43 pm:

What a great tribute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

Skip, the Model A club did the same thing for founding and very popular member Terry Oberer a few years ago. They can turn out a bunch of cars for a funeral procession. It makes a really nice gesture for a departed, long-time member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

A class act all the way. Sounds like a great club.
All the best.
Skip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Schreier on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

Dick,
Great story. It reminds me of my grandpa's funeral that was earlier this year. I led the funeral procession from the church to the cemetery in my grandpa's 1931 Model A coupe. It was the best and the hardest part of the day at the same time.

Model A on the day of the funeral:

And about 6 months later:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration