NRS Pender Nebrasks-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: NRS Pender Nebrasks-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 10:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 06:40 am:

Sure looks like Rob driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 06:56 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 07:25 am:

Why Thomas? Because he is not staying in the
tracks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 07:44 am:

It is a Ford Model N Runabout-- because it does not have running boards. I believe it is likely a 1907-08 as it has the later style side lamps --squarish rather than the earlier rounded style. Of course lamps could be changed out easily.

It also has the accessory single headlamp/spot lamp on the dash. Ford sold that one or one similar to that as an accessory.

And it has a nice Long-Turney radiator (later became Rome-Turney radiator in 1908 see: http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/msscfa/sc23167.htm ).

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 08:58 am:

such a neat photo. I love the big house lots, he houses and yards look taken care of. I'm guessing, it is a very quite road traffic wise. I bet the local kids can play in the road without fear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 09:21 am:

Herb, Great old photo! I color balanced it and thought I'd share the photoshopped version here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:29 am:

If someone went to Pender it probably would not be that hard to find this location again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:34 am:

And you would have to go there. Street View doesn't cover little towns like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:41 am:

Rob is only about 60 miles away. I wonder if he would be willing to drive his N over there and recreate the scene. With the houses on a hill, it should not be hard to find this location.

It is hard to tell elevation on scenic view, but someone with a good eye might be able to find the house anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:42 am:

Most of the streets in Pender have street view. I am having trouble locating this shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

I sent an e-mail to the local newspaper with a copy of this picture. Perhaps they can determine the location of the original photo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration