Old Photo - Tekamah NE Tornado, 5-1-1930

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Tekamah NE Tornado, 5-1-1930
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 09:26 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:05 am:

So much for that 3 year old Ford....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:06 am:

That's what Clinton Arkansas looked like about 3 years ago..... Just had modern cars instead of the Model T. In a 15 mile radius of Clinton we have had that kind of damage every year for at least the last 7 years. This photo makes me think of what would happen if we were hit. Every tornado for the last 7 years has went North West or South East of us by less than 2 miles..... Scary Stuff ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 03:46 pm:

I'll stick to rainy Western Washington.
No tornadoes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 04:09 pm:

Bob - Me too! I grew up in suburban Chicago, and even tho' that's not exactly the center of "tornado alley", I've seen a couple examples of tornado destruction during the short time I worked as a U.S. Mail truck driver in my younger days, hauling 1st class mail from a Chicago distribution center, out to NW Illinois suburbs.

When the eldest two of my four boys were just little guys, we drove through the total destruction in the town of Falmouth, Kentucky (sp?) on a vacation. (must have been in the late '60's or early '70's) Those two little guys must have really been "impressed", because from then on at home, any time there were tornado warning, their Mom didn't have to tell them more than once to go down to the basement for safety. They "RAN" as they were so terrified of tornados!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 02:36 pm:

That's right Donnie. I have seen the damage from the highway but failed to think about you and your place as I was on my way to Florida or home. (I've only been there to your house twice). Hope you are doing alright and staying safe. Those have hit near my place in Branson too twice!
Joe in Mo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration