1920's Model T Factory Flatbed for an unbelievable price!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1920's Model T Factory Flatbed for an unbelievable price!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 01:01 pm:

Item #191055620012. There is a complete Model T factory flatbed truck for sale on ebay for a buy it now price of $1,800.00. Just the parts are worth WAY more than that! They say it is a 1926 but the fenders and engine compartment say it is earlier. It is located in California and If I was not so far away, here in Florida, it would be sold by now...to me! This is a deal that should not be passed up. Good luck to the lucky buyer. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

I know Jim I saw it too can't get away from work long enough to go get it why don't people sell stuff like that near where we live?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 03:10 pm:

It appears to be the remains of a factory 1926
C-Cab. 20" rear wheels. 1926 & 1927 TT's used pre '26 hood, firewall, hood and fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 03:20 pm:

Dang it, Jim. That thing is only about 2 hours drive from me. The problem is there's already one TT in the garage. A second one would undoubtedly result in divorce discussions, sadly only about 2 months before our 40th wedding anniversary.

Choices, choices, choices.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

I'm thinking that at that price, there are those that would buy it just for that pair of "amethyst" headlight lenses!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

With a TT you can't say for sure that the fenders and hood are not correct for 26-7 same goes for the commercial chassis for the same years. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 04:05 pm:

Henry, I would buy it in a flash,HOWEVER, I have 4 T's, I am 3 and a half hours away, and it's 6 months before our thirty first anniversary. Yes it's a very tough call, but in the end domestic tranquility does have it's rewards,...... what's that?......... excuse me for a moment here.........yes dear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 07:54 pm:

Jay-- you're like me...I have 4 T's too, and my bed just might end up out in the barn with them! But wow, you're CLOSE to this....all but one of my T's was at least a 5 hour drive one way! Hmmm, and the tranquility....same here! LOL..

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I were closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

Tim, Ah yes, another time, another life,and? why did you pinch me? I was having a great dream! Next life!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Henry
Sounds like a no-brainer
Buy it for your wife as an anniversary present!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 09:12 pm:

I'm about 3 hours away. If this was 20 years ago, it would have been in my yard by now. Something about getting old that causes a guy to think before jumping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 09:48 pm:

I've always wondered, did they make a C-Cab in 1927? I don't think so. But they did use all the earlier components in 1926. I've never seen a '26 C-Cab with the '26 style ignition switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

That truck can't be in Calif. It has rain water on it! :-)

Its about 2 hours away. Wonder if it will show up in Bakersfield in April?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:19 pm:

You mean it's not sold yet?????

Larry -- Yes, Ford made some C-cabs in the '27 model year. Not a lot, but some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:30 pm:

Mike, "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations", My wife made me say that!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:36 am:

Wife asked how much Jim would charge to get it from fresno to jax fl......hummmmmm what does she want to buy she hasn't told me about yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 01:46 am:

My wife told me "Go for it. It's only 120 miles north of here. Just don't come back." I'll take that as a NO 3 weeks before our 38th Anniversary.Ha Ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 01:51 am:

I hope my wife doesn't read my last post. I should have said ...Three week's before our 39th Anniversary. I really miss my Memory! Ha Ha Ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 09:16 am:

Larry,

Mike is correct. Ford open Cab USA production is listed at 91 for 1927 and 8,397 for 1926 ref pages 473 and 471 of Bruce McCalley's "Model T Ford."

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

Can't believe it's not sold yet with 7 hours to go. 26 lookers, no bidders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 04:54 pm:

Chuck,
It's still there because it's waiting for YOU! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 07:01 pm:

Henry,

You're closer than I am. Get going before it's gone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

I never did find it on ebad. Wonder what I am doing wrong?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

Surprising - the auction ended and it didn't get any bids. It was surely a good deal. Sorry for the seller, it should have sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

Wayne,

Highlight and copy the item number in Jim's initial post (the number only). Then go to ebay motors and click on "Advanced" at the upper right corner of the page. Then paste the item number in the box that says "Enter keywords or item number" and then click on the blue Search button. That should bring it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:10 pm:

Ditto Henry.....But alas, no stinking dog house for any of us locals!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 11:31 pm:

Thank you Henry! Found it using your instructions. It did not show up on my usual "by year" or "model T" searches. I suspect he may have done a poor job of listing it as it should have shown up on one of my regular looks. If I missed it in my usual searches, I wonder how many other (possible buyers) may also have missed it.
Otherwise, I too am surprised it did not sell. It does look like a lot of TT for the money. I just have too many projects already. I would like to get another TT, although that doesn't quite fit what I want.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 11:46 pm:

If not for distance, money, time, and storage space...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration