Some MTFCA Forum Useage Statistics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Some MTFCA Forum Useage Statistics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 10:07 am:

I did a "view page source" of each Forum year here from 2009 to 2014 to find out how many unique threads were posted each year, here's the results.

For the month of Jan. 2014 - 2424 threads created

for the year of 2013 - 24603 threads created

For the year of 2012 - 23877 threads created

for the year of 2011 - 23577 threads created

for the year of 2010 - 22455 threads created

For the year of 2009 - 16823 threads created

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:32 am:

It's as contagious as the noravirus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:46 am:

Well, if January 2014 is an indication of the monthly average we will see in 2014, there's gonna be a real jump in the total annual number. I think that's great. There's always new old stuff to learn about our T's, there is often OT stuff of interest to many of us, and best of all we get to become acquainted with other folks with similar interests.

Bravo for the Forum!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:54 am:

Jay
Can you do the same for the other T forum, I'd like to see how it is faring after the new format.
I know that I have stopped using it, I don't have time or interest in computer's to mess with it.
Thank you for you're efforts and great pictures.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:56 am:

No wonder I have trouble when I'm trying to find the thread with the picture of the guy in the funny hat.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:13 pm:

Bob, Only the old 2013 forum year on the MTFCI site is available and shows 5205 posts to the 2013 Forum before they changed to the new software in June 2013. Since then on the NEW format forum at the MTFCI there are 1345 unique threads posted to date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

Thanks Jay, I was just wondering.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 01:22 pm:

So MTFCI posts since June are about a quarter of what there were before the change of format. We have a lot of folks who know their Model T stuff inside and out but are computer-uncomfortable. I hope the inevitable change of format here doesn't drive them away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

I just got a complaint from one MTFCI member that there is still nothing on their forum about the annual meeting.

I told him not true, as the officers page has been updated already.

He wanted to read more news about the meeting, changes, planned website update, etc. He could not attend the meeting to hear it first hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

Windy old geezers aint we?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

What i don't understand is why it had to change? Why will this forum have to change format? Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 09:58 pm:

What i don't understand is why it had to change? Why will this forum have to change format? Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:34 pm:

I for one hope any change is better than the forum on Ford Barn. It is terrible to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:52 pm:

Churning, Bud. Change is constant in the IT world. Some of it is progress, and some of it is just change for the sake of change. If software never developed any bugs, that would be no problem. You could just keep using the same thing forever. But eventually something does go haywire, and you need help from the folks who made the program. The trouble with that is that the folks who made the program have moved on, and they don't want to be bothered with it anymore. It is "no longer supported". When I bought my first iMac in 1999 it came with a program called Adobe PageMill, which I used to produce my website. That was fine for several years. But eventually it started to develop glitches. By then Adobe wouldn't even acknowledge that such a program ever existed, so now I use something completely different for my website. I suppose eventually that will be considered obsolete too, and I'll have to switch again and learn another new program. It's sort of like growing up on three transmission pedals and a throttle on the column, and now you have to learn to drive with a clutch, a brake, a shift lever, and a foot feed. Así es la vida.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 06:37 pm:

Steve,Ok the program get's buggy so why not write another with things the same? The powers that be over at the international have destroyed that forum and i would hate to see that here!!!!! The powers that be at one time also did the same here! Need it be that hard? Bud in Wheeler.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration