Turtle deck fasteners 1915

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Turtle deck fasteners 1915
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:05 am:

What are the proper fasteners to attach the turtle deck to the deck of the 1915 roadster ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

Disclaimer: I suspect this of being a "put together" 1915, so I have my doubts about what's correct, but here's what's in mine.

Right front corner

Left front corner

Rear center

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:54 pm:

I believe they also originally had a leather washer tacked to the hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 01:09 pm:

The leather washer makes sense, what type of bolt? Flat head with square nut? It looks like 1/4-20

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 01:49 pm:

I use a 1/4' carage bolt from the bottom up, and grind off one side of the head so it will clear the main sill.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 02:43 pm:

My unrestored '17 roadster has four carriage bolts (one near each corner) fastened with square nuts and washers on the underside of the body.

I had the trunk off years ago. I believe the bolts are 1/4" or possibly 3/16".

There were no leather spacers. My opinion is maybe the spacers were used starting in 1913 but were eventually dropped as being unnecessary and/or for a small cost savings. Russ Furstnow would probably know when the spacers were used.

Here's a thread regarding leather spacers.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/65721.html?1221941017

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration