Request for Dave Huson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Request for Dave Huson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

How about posting dimensions for your transmission support jig?

Transmission support

I'm sure that there are others on here who would be interested in making one for themselves.
TIA, Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

Ken Todd:

I will do so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

It's not hard to figure out from the pic plus the fact that you previously said that the width of the opening was 1.8". What got me stumped was the height of the lifting loop. I don't have a transmission to hand to measure up to make sure it's long enough to clear the output shaft and have room for the hook. I'm thinking 5" should do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 01:42 pm:

Ken Todd:

The height of my loop is 6 inches from the top of the plate to the top of the loop. The inside of the opening on the plate is 2". Just make sure that it fits a CLUTCH SHIFT RING. The plate is.040 THICK. The lock can be about any size, but must hold in the CLUTCH SHIFT RING. The Loop is .030.
I talked with a friend this morning at breakfast. He is manufacturing another accessory for Ts that is being sold in the Venders Catalogs. He said that if there is any interest he will set up and manufacture the lifter also.

PICTURE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 01:46 pm:

Ken Todd:

I would like to ad one more thing, If I was going to make another I would drill holes in the plate and add threads and bolt the loop.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 01:46 pm:

Ken Todd:

I would like to ad one more thing, If I was going to make another I would drill holes in the plate and add threads and bolt the loop.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Dave
Please double check your measurements for safety.
I believe you meant .4" for the plate. Around 3/8" thick.
And .3" for the loop. Around 5/16" diameter rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:01 am:

Thanks Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration