Coil point variations and performance?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Coil point variations and performance?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

I was just going through a bunch of old points and separating them when I began to question why so much variation in the shape of the spring steel lower point structure? Obviously many makers produced these over the years. Some are relatively small and dainty. Some very much larger with a doughnut hole in the middle.

1. What was the original design?

2. Is there any performance variation between the various shapes/designs?

I know some of you out there have spent many, many hours working with and "optimizing" coil points.

Was this variation just a production expediency or is there a performance or marketing angle here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 06:52 pm:

Check out this post

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/290291.html?1337608283

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 07:12 pm:

Chris, thank you. I remember that one and it is full of great info, just not the specific info I asked about regarding the lower spring shape, unless I missed it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration