Another eBay overpriced car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Another eBay overpriced car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 09:23 am:

I swear I don't know what these sellers are thinking.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Speedster-Ford-Model-T-/261388661539?forcer rptr=true&hash=item3cdbfa7323&item=261388661539&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 09:29 am:

its reduced down to a bargain now, it was 60 grand 2 weeks ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 09:36 am:

It must be really rare,in the discription,it says 3 cylinder.I emailed him about this.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 09:40 am:

if it only runs on 3 cylinders it would be like all the "rebuilt" model t's i've bought

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 09:44 am:

It costs that much because it's "all original".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Holcomb, Watertown WI on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:42 am:

I think I just crapped my pants!!! not sure if was from laughing so hard, or if it is because apparently I'm filthy stinking rich!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 11:27 am:

I absolutely guarantee that thing looks worse in person that it does in the pics. It looks like a rattle can resto. I love the sign that announces "speedster" and the black tires with booties on them for no reason. It really looks like Huck Finn got his pals to white wash the whole darn thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 11:33 am:

it makes my 1910 look cheep!!!!!!!!!!charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

He Needs the money... High maintenance wife!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

I have bought parts from Frank Anaya in El Paso, previously. He always appeared to know what he had and priced parts, fairly. I am confused by this. I would have thought that he would have known that there is NO such thing as an original (as in factory produced) Ford speedster. Also, I suspect the number of cylinders is a typo. One place in the ad, it says it has four cylinders and another, it says it has three cylinders. He has sold truly "original" T's for one third to one fourth this price. I can't figure this one out,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

Sounds like to me, he doesn't want to sell it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:15 pm:

Its a guy who knows nothing about T values. Face it, most uninformed people think a run of the mill Model T is worth big bucks just because they are old, sadly they are not. I have a Harley Knucklehead I bought some years back, and I am shocked at the value increase its enjoyed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:17 pm:

I want the set of Original 93 Year Old wheels and Tires. I wonder if there are any cracks in the rubber? I think that should be 50,000 Peso's. About $400 US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

Wife want's it sold...... "Dear I listed it and no one showed any interest, maybe next year, I am sorry"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 03:59 pm:

Maybe someone has hacked into Frank's account. This still doesn't sound like the guy I have bought from. Either that, or he has developed a sudden case of Alzheimers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 04:46 pm:

For that car to be worth 50 grand it would have to have at least 25 ounces of gold coins stashed in that fourth cylinder!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

if you look close it has four plugs...standard engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 04:58 pm:

Ya' gotta' admit though, he took great pains and a lot of time with that paint job! Let's see,....a dozen or so rattle cans at 3 to 4 minutes each,.....well yeah,......that'd be almost an hour!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

If that car is worth 50 thousand, then mine is worth 100 thousand for the sheer fact mine's a product that Ford actually produced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 06:34 pm:

Maybe they are thinking one of two things. #1 Asked to sell it but does not want to. #2 Needs money and figures someone out there might want it enough to pay $50,000 for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 08:42 pm:

I'll got along with the hacked account. Actually, maybe not hacked, but just created. Notice the "0" feedback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 08:44 pm:

must have put the car together and dipped it in white paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 11:43 pm:

Fred, You are on to something. I have bought from him on Ebay, and I know that I left feedback. Why would he have a new account with zero feedback?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 08:54 am:

I clicked that link and all I got was a bunch of listings for model T parts, the top one of which was for a speedster seat for $365. Don't know why the car didn't come up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:05 am:

Tim It has been de-listed someone probably pointed out the errors or sent them a link to this thread and removed our laugh for the day!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration