OT - I was looking for Rolls Royce, and found a Ford, in 1905 London

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - I was looking for Rolls Royce, and found a Ford, in 1905 London
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

Looking for information on the pre Silver Ghost six cylinder RR, I came across another photo of a 1905 Model B Ford taxi in London. A good side view, this photo complements the photo showing 12 Model B taxis in London (earlier thread). The description talks about how quiet the Ford is, along with the ability to run on high gear. Also mentioned is the ability to start on spark and the good turning radius.

Oct 1905:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:46 pm:

More Model B Fords in England.

This "B" was shown at the Agricultural Hall Show in 1905:

A Model B, along with a 10 hp Ford (A or C?) also participated in the 1905 Scottish Trials, a rugged several day series of touring and hill climbing. The 10 hp Ford finished well, with a score of 995 out of a possible 1000 points. The Model B performed well until it was forced to withdraw on day three due to radiator problems:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration