Old Photo - Henry J. Ranger, Agent For Ford Motor Company

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Henry J. Ranger, Agent For Ford Motor Company
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 08:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:26 am:

Very snazzy indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 03:38 pm:

Is that Christchurch New Zealand? Wonder what the colours were? And look at the gloss on that paint!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 06:10 pm:

Man, I love that.
It looks like the radiator is painted body-color, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

Lots of funny stuff going on there. 1914 body style with 1913 forward folding windscreen. How many spokes in those wire wheels??? The fenders are custom made. Looks like the body is painted in two tones. Wooden running boards too. Somebody has done a really neat job upgrading the appearance.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gavin Harris (Napier, NZ) on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 06:53 pm:

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/cars-and-the-motor-industry/page-5

Yes, NZ Christchurch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

That is one mighty handsome model 'T'...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

The first thing I noticed was the wire wheels on a brass era photo! I often comment how rare it was for wire wheels to be on Fords before about 1920. Then I noticed a few other things and knew it was one of those extra beautiful "Southern" Ts.
Still, it does have wire wheels.
Great photo! Thanks Jay and all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 01:10 am:

DAMM!!! That is one fine looking Ford! that one just went to my desk top. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:01 am:

wheels look to be either dayton or houk as you can see the pin drive holes in the spare. i'm with allan, there looks like a lot of spokes. standard daytons are 48, next up were 54, and the racer wheels were 60. later than this era they went up to 72

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:48 am:

It's really hard to count them but there are more than 60 spokes per wheel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 07:21 am:

Look what I found in the New Zealand National Library!!! That is one good looking Ford.

Photo courtesy of the National Library of New Zealand.
"Model T Ford motor car, outside the business premises of Henry J Ranger. Webb, Steffano, 1880?-1967 : Collection of negatives. Ref: 1/1-004185-G. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. http://natlib.govt.nz/records/22341398."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration