Old Photo - The Hooterville Flivverball

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - The Hooterville Flivverball
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:22 am:

There's Uncle Joe,he's moving kind'a slow at the Junction...Petty Coat Junction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

Did you know Uncle Joe was a Dentist?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Edgar Buchanan, DDS. It's true. Who would have thought?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:21 pm:

here's my copy of it. much fun building it.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

He hung around with some questionable characters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:35 pm:

now that was entertainment. remember when they used lisa's pancake batter for a head gasket in mr hainey's model t?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 02:02 pm:

Bob how do you get permission to get that on the tracks & whats the steering wheel for you don't need it on the tracks ? it looks like a whole lotta fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 02:38 pm:

I believe Edgar Buchanan was also Hopalong Cassidy's partner "Red".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 02:46 pm:

Looks like he made that bar as a big quadrant for the levers, there's no actual steering wheel.

Lol permission? HA. Although it would be really cool to ride in and then see how fast it would zip on the tracks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 03:01 pm:

That looks like the Sierra railroad's original T railcar & knowing a little about the filming of the show, I'm certain that it is. Bob's copy is really nice. I helped build the one at Portola (their #23), and they will go faster than you can stop them. You think T brakes are bad, try them with just a metal rim on a metal rail!
Still a HOOT to drive! (pun intended)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 03:03 pm:

Edgar Buchanan was indeed in the Hopalong Cassidy TV series (1952-54) playing the part of Red Connors. He was in 40 episodes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 04:06 pm:

It was a hoot to run on the rails, never took it on a long run just around some rail yards. The picture was on its maiden run at Chehalis Wa, then ran it at Snoqualmie Wa. I was also invited to Ely Nv. (Nevada Northern RR) for a run then on to Jamestown Ca. to run with the orig. I was offered the rights to operate it under there insurance coverage, I checked with BNSF to do a photo shout on some of there back tracks and ran in to so much B S that I didn't go feather with it.
Bob

Ely, Nv.

James town Ca.

Before restoration of orig.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 07:06 pm:

You need to have a chat with The Old Car Festival in Dearborn. You could run ahead of the train that circles the village and serve as a track inspector.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 07:40 pm:

Dave
That would be great fun ,but I sold it to a private collection and I don't thing it will ever run again, and that's a SHAME.

Bob

PS
It dose have a unique shifting differential.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration