Old photo, bad car for winter drives.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old photo, bad car for winter drives.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:28 am:

At least the top is not white.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:09 am:

Yes, Erich, that car would be terrible for driving in the snow. It has no chains.

It is a RHD 1912 with early step-side body. It has the one-piece square dash. Note the bent horn is on the right and, although not visible, the carbide generator is probably on the right. It is hard to tell if the door on the left is hinged or not, but I would presume it is. The car looks to be Canadian and the body is probably made by Gray & Sons from Ontario.

It also sports a rare accessory Edison radiator cap...

With tongue firmly planted,

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:23 am:

Erich! How can you say that? I saw a picture of your touring out in the snow. Is the "improved Ford that much better in winter than a '12? ;0,

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 03:16 pm:

I was only saying that because it would be invisible to anyone else out driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 09:55 am:

My apologies Erich. I hadn't thought about the light color. Good point.

You don't often see a T with mud flaps. Also looks like the horn has been repositioned above the hood.

Fun picture with the little girl at the wheel.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 09:57 am:

The little girl has to drive because, apparently, grandmas ghost can't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 01:04 am:

Oh, I don't know, a little rope wrapped around the right rear wheel and turn 'er loose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 01:21 am:

Would I be wrong in saying it looks like it has US 3" front wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 02:12 am:

It is RHD as the generator is not on the left. However, I do agree with Kerry the front wheels look 24" rims and not the Canadian 23" rims all round.

Are we looking at a English assembled car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 06:55 am:

David, I would love to be able to zoom in on that radiator cap ornament. It looks to be the right size and shape to be an early Victorian Royal automobile Club Badge. I will try and find a picture of one to post. Is so it might be a Victorian car??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:19 pm:

By golly Warwick, I think your are right.

I still think it looks like a light bulb tho...

: ^ )

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration