Anyone know about this 1910 European beauty?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Anyone know about this 1910 European beauty?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:45 am:

Would love to know more about this car. Anyone shed some light on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:55 am:

To me it looks like it has 17-22 T fenders on it. 1910? or........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:55 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:56 am:

Try this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgfyclrr54

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:56 am:

The site didn't have any info. Where is the crank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:57 am:

Oh, I see it now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:59 am:

Wes, cool. Seen that one before and the car is similar, but not identical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 09:59 am:

Front fenders are '24-25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:06 am:

Your right about the fenders. They have the front lip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:28 am:

With the wood wheel in the spare and the shape of the cowl it is definitely British.
First picture was taken by a Dutch windmill, I think. Do they have some in England too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Yep, similar cars but not the same. Different fenders front and rear. In addition to the later fenders, this one has square-felloe wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:34 am:

The lamps appear to be off a 1914, black body and brass rims and chimney.
Rather suspect it is not an original car but one made up. Looks nice but not original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:46 am:

Erich Steve it's the same car, look closer. 1Z 105 plate, same cowl, fenders, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:59 am:

This car is owned by Ford in the UK.

It was found in Ireland (hence IZ which was used for cars in County Mayo in the west of what is now the Irish Republic), and there are stories that the British Army used it, fitted with a machine gun during the uprisings.
It was restored in the 1950s by George Simpson of Edinburgh who used it to take part in most of the early events of the Model T Ford Register of Great Britain.
I think it now has the correct 'fenders'.
See here:
http://www.modeltregister.co.uk/Gallery/ben.html
Ford brought it to Fort William for the Centenary celebration of the ascent of Ben Nevis. Like the rest of, they got very wet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:26 pm:

Chris is right, it's in the Ford UK Heritage Collection and it has been restored(again)since the photos above.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/ford-classic-car-2011-09-20

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/UKFordHeritageCentreisabigattraction.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

Yes, it's the same license number, and as Chris tells us, the same car. But the fenders are different. In the video it has the pre-1917 flat fenders. In the picture at the top of this page it's wearing post-1917 crowned fenders. In the video the rear fenders stick out straight in the back. In the picture above they curve down, following the curve of the wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

I found photos (taken by Register member David Smart) of IZ105 taken on the 50th anniversary of the ascent with George Simpson and Henry Alexander - the driver on the 1911 ascent.

However, one I tried to post was over 200kb. I have reduced it and tried to upload, but now it won't let me do anything! Any ideas people?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:39 pm:

Success!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration