Old Photo - Did Someone Say DONUTS!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Did Someone Say DONUTS!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:55 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:00 am:

Process shot. Studio lighting, projected background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:55 am:

I'd guess that the T is on the railroad tracks and a donut.....I mean, a TRAIN is coming at them, thus the weird contorted facial expression.
I just don't know how the other guy got a fish hook in his chin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:01 pm:

The guy behind the driver looks like Ernest Borgnine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

That is a production still from the 1939 film "Hollywood Cavalcade."

I believe the actor in the driver's seat is Eddie Collins. The other actor is Jed Prouty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

With all due respect Erik, how the heck could you possibly know that? I don't doubt you, I am just flabbergasted at the things known by the folks who are on this forum. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

It's what Stan Howe says Henry.
"For people who like this type of thing this, this is the type of thing they like."
Did I get that right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

Erik, You gotta admit they do look fairly similar, at least to my old eyes.
I bet you would have made a bundle on the 64 000 question game show back in the day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Herb,

I think you got it right. It sounds almost like a Yogi Berra quote. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:57 pm:

Henry Petrino:

I had no prior knowledge when I saw the photo. However, I was pretty sure it was photo from a later film, not an original Mack Sennett comedy.

I used some logic and internet prowess, that's all. Just a fun little challenge to figure it out.

There are other publicity stills from the film with the same two characters:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

What about the T? It seems to be a 1911 with a master coil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 06:50 pm:

With a Beaudette body.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration