My MTFCI password

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: My MTFCI password
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:04 pm:

I just tried to get on the MTFCI forum.
I got a page with a message that my MTFCI password was 127 days old and that I need to change it. I looked at what they wanted me to do and decided it was not worth the effort without checking here first. Is this for real or did I get some fishing thing wanting me to give up some info?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

It's fine Herb. I have done it once already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:30 pm:

Just ether change or reuse the old pass word. I also have had to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:39 pm:

I tried it and got into a "loop" ,never was able to sign in. They need help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

Mark had to quit and they're looking for a new webmaster. Any volunteers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 12:51 am:

If this works you might be able to see this;
http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/166-question-about-password?highlig ht=days

Could be of some help. Try logging out enter your user name and hit log in. See if that takes you to a screen to re enter your pass word. You should be getting a screen that ask you to renew your password. Just re enter your old password. I guess in about 30 days I will get my second 120 day notice! :-) Ask me then, LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 03:53 am:

Why is there a time limit on the password?
I see how it might help thwart spammers but it also discourages users.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:32 am:

The password time limit has certainly discouraged me. I don't know of any other forums that I visit that has such a silly requirement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:12 am:

I gave it up too, its like a ZOO, can't get here because your there. I'm a Member of both, but I can't get into the new site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:21 am:

I joined the MTFCI and got my membership materials earlier this week. I registered on their forum a couple of days ago and am waiting for the confirmation email. I guess it may be a while, since their previous webmaster has resigned, eh?

Also, the site doesn't recognize my name or MTFCI number yet, I assume for the same reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:23 am:

I always find it a little amusing that guys who will spend hours in the shop attacking some stuck bolt or bearing sleeve will throw up their hands in disgust when they have to figure out how to reset a password.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:49 am:

Have some kid show you how.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

The full time webmasters in my area start at $80,000 to $100,000 a year and up, but there are not a lot of jobs advertised, as it is normally a job performed by an office manager as a collateral duty.

Asking anyone to devote enough time to keep that MTFCI website up to date and operational is like asking for a winning lottery ticket to be donated to the club.

The last time I contacted a person on the Chapter listings, I found he had been dead for six months. His name stayed there a lot longer though. That list is still totally out of date. Some of those chapters exist in name only.

That website should not be expected to be maintained by one person. The chapter listing page should be maintained by the chapter relations representative on the Board of Directors, the director responsible for updating the bylaws should be responsible for updating the associated webpages and each major section of that website should be maintained by a team effort, with one member responsible for the contents of each related segment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 02:12 pm:

That seems expensive,but there are those who think a rebuilt T engine should cost ten large!!Bud in Wheeler.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration