Old Photo - Street Scene Larned Kansas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Street Scene Larned Kansas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

Looks like an NRS Ford to the left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:26 pm:

The second car from the right has the best hood ornament. I'm surprised to see so many cars out there in Podunk. Even today, I wouldn't call Larned a major metropolis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:37 am:

i see three big spot lights, they must have been a popular accessory

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:43 am:

Maybe they used the big spot lights as running lights - the usual configuration with two lamps, one on each side of the radiator wasn't settled in stone yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Land Rush?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:57 am:

i have a 09 maxwell jr. the jr was they're cheep model to compete with the ford and to keep cost down they came with no headlights, top or windscreen. i have always thought one of those big spots would be a very sexy addition, however, 7-800 bucks for the light, and then 1000 or so for a brass generator kinda keeps it down a ways on the list

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:11 am:

Nick, nope. It's near the middle of the state. As far as I know, all the land rushes were in or into I.T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:32 am:

Neat photo. I'd guess it's 1908 based on the Model 10 Buick in the front row. Yes, it looks like a Model N Ford (to me) on the far left. I see four 2-cyl Ramblers, two Jacksons, a Northern, maybe a 2-cyl Reo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration