Endicott Neb street scene-Photo a good one, early Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Endicott Neb street scene-Photo a good one, early Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 04:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 06:40 am:

Judging by the integral top strap rings on the headlamp / fender brackets and the plastic crank handle it is an early 1912 T, perhaps made in November or December of 1911.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 07:50 am:

Herb,
It looks like it says Hutchinson on the emblem on the radiator. It is hard to tell...does it say Kansas in the rectangle below that? I have never seen an emblem like that. Hutchinson (or Hutch as the locals call it) is about 50 mi NW of Wichita (family ties to that town). I know it is asking a lot but a better photo of that area would be nice.
Thanks for all the photos!!!
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:12 am:

I read the text in the lower rectangle as "PHOTOS", but it's faint..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:43 am:

I can see it clearly as Hutchison Photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 09:07 am:

What's the point of the belt wrapped around the cross member and axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 09:26 am:

It's a rebound strap, popular in the early years when roads between cities were bad or non existent. Ford used straps like that on the cross country racers in 1909.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 09:43 am:

Evidently the name of the photo company. Kansas town is spelled "Hutchinson" No "n" in the tag on the photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:27 pm:

You all are probably right about the Hutchison and the name Photos in the rectangle. I missed the "n" and just can't see the rectangular box well enough. I had an aunt that spelled her last name Hutchison...perhaps this guy was related!?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

I wonder what that wrench was used for? It has a strange shape.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:32 pm:

Norman, maybe one of these Alligator wrenches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

guaranteed to strip any size nut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 02:43 am:

Clayton, the add says they are for pipe and round iron. I have seen many wrenches similar to these and always wondered what they were for. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration