Old Photo, another beautiful work truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo, another beautiful work truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:42 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:25 am:

OOH, very beautiful text with image. Probably hand-painted perhaps.
Thanks for this picture Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:35 am:

The original negative resides in the National Photo Company Collection in the Library of Congress.

Click on this link for additional information and access to higher resolution files of the image:

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/npc2008004368/

Click to view a higher resolution jpeg:

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/service/pnp/npcc/23800/23868v.jpg

Click on this link to view an extremely high resolution TIFF:

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/pnp/npcc/23800/23868u.tif

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:42 am:

Note: once the TIFF opens, if you can zoom in on the photo by clicking anywhere on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

Erik,

Thanks! Lots of good details.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Can you imagine what it looked like in color? I don't suppose we will ever know but judging from the wonderful colors on surviving boxes accessories came in for T's I'll bet they were marvelous.

We tried to guess colors for this a few years ago. Not sure we even came close.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:54 pm:

Hey he's got my spare tire carrier, mounted exactly where I've got mine mounted...

only mine holds two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

It must have been a popular accessory. I have the identical one, given to me by our local engine guru, Engine Joe Bell, and i love it. Very well made, takes a padlock, & mine is NOS. it don't git any better than that!

Great picture, but they for sure didn't run the name by a focus group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 02:33 am:

Looks like that left rear fender was the result of a thrown "cap"(recapped tread for you younger guys<g>)at high(?)speed. The trucker guys on here know what I mean! Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration