Anyone see this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Anyone see this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 12:49 pm:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534611/Room-view-90-year-old-cargo-ship -serving-holiday-home-hanging-18-foot-cliff-Lake-Erie.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 01:41 pm:

That's one swell joint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

Henry didn't smoke. Not sure about Edison.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 01:13 am:

He probably didn't drink either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:36 pm:

Ahhh, now you're right in my neighborhood!
This was the old Benson Ford, yep, from Henry's fleet of Ore Carriers.
It's owned by a wealthy car dealership family. They use it on weekends, vacations, and I think sometimes rent it out. It's hanging over the rock cliffs of South Bass Island, Ohio, better known to those around here as plain old "Put In Bay", which is actually the name of the village on the island.

Rumor has it this was Henry's boat of choice when he wanted to go on a boat ride.

Took two huge barges and two huge cranes four days to get it up on its resting place. I believe the "torch work" to separate the pilot house portion of the boat from the rest was done in Cleveland, but don't quote me on that.

Really quite a place

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

All my beer and smoke money goes into old cars and trucks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 02:21 am:

If they did smoke cigars, this was the brand....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration