OT - The Building of the Sydney Harbour Bridge c1926.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - The Building of the Sydney Harbour Bridge c1926.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 03:57 pm:

See Sydney prior to the bridge being built.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jy5cZ-IO0Eg?feature=player_detailpage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 05:51 pm:

G'day David,

Great old footage!!! I have never seen that before. Very interesting.

Best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 07:01 pm:

WOW! That is a great video. It is really neat that it has sound with all the details about the construction. Is the bridge still there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 07:14 pm:

What a nice glimpse into the past.
Thanks for the link.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

Yes, 'The Coat Hanger' is a well used nick name for it, painting is a full time job, start at one end and by the time they get to the other, it starts all over again, Paul Hogan, the movies of Crocodile Dundee you might be familiar with was a painter on the bridge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 07:35 pm:

25 years after another iconic construction was erected in Sydney Harbor - The Sydney operahouse - designed by danish architect Jørn Utzon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24LRwTx4Pw

And Dennis - the bridge i still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

I was on that bridge in 1970 on a port call to Sydney. That thing is really big! We tied up not to far from the Opera House. Sydney is the cleanest big city I've ever seen, great people to. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:12 am:

Sydney is home to the oldest chapter of the Model 'T' Ford Club of America in Australia. When I am 1000 odd miles away from home I love catching up with Ray Green, Jim & Anne McKern, Peter Kable, Gil Whitehouse, Richard Day but too mention just a few of the members keeping model 'T's alive over there. Here is their website: www.modeltfordclubnsw.org.au

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration