Nice tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Nice tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold Wellens on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 09:59 am:

What do you think of this tool?
Stand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 10:10 am:

looks like its in your way, out in the middle of the room like that, i'll give ya 10 bucks to haul it away

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 10:12 am:

Yeah that's totally ruining your nice clean garage's Feng Shui. You should take my $20 and I'll get it out there for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Looks damn heavy for sure!! Lot different from my three saw horses that I use!!! And high tech!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 10:24 am:

Not sure I understand the purpose of this unit. Beyond a rather elaborate holder for a complete rear end assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 10:32 am:

Arnold
Nice tool for rear axle work. The only thing I see missing is the drip pan.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 10:33 am:

If the two arms in the back would reach out under the spring shackles and the heights of the front and back were adjustable, and it had wheels under it, it would be an excellent tool for installation of the rear axle in the car. However, I wouldn't want to put the weight of the car on it with the supports right in the middle of the tubes.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 11:03 am:

I would love to have one. I built the one I use from old hospital bed legs,and it is on rollers. It works fine,but I would still like to have an original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold Wellens on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 11:39 am:

I plan on posting pictures of some of the neat positions that this tool can put the rear into for servicing. It will take some time for me to take the pictures and post them...possibly a week. I am not an expert posting pictures on this site. I just did my first one today and my nerves are shot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

Arnold is that hole in the back so that that whole fixture can be rotated if so where is the other piece?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

That's a very nice Weaver Axle Stand. The two drip pans are missing but they would be easy to make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Weaver Stand with Pans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

K.R.Wilson has one like it that holds the front axle or the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 01:51 pm:

Looks like the edge of that anvil has been worked off too. Please tell us you don't pound on cold steel on it....
Mike Sa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:53 pm:

I have a K.R. Wilson front/rear axle jig that I am considering selling. I think mine is actually a little later than a T and was sold to be used with a T, A, or V-8 front/rear axle. What is standing in my way is what to ask for it??? I might could deliver to Chickasha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 09:01 pm:

Verne There was a nice KR Wilson axle stand there last year for 1500.00. I think it sold first day in the parking lot ... There was another one there for 2500.00 that Im not sure if it sold or not ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 08:46 pm:

Arnold & Herm

Here is my Weaver Stand in use. Very handy for rebuilding front or rear ends and steering columns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 08:53 pm:

Weaver also made a cheaper version that used chains to lock the axle housings in place. only ever seen one of these

Here are a few photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 08:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 03:42 am:

In Sweden, it is difficult to find these, had to make their own wood.
Ake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 04:43 am:

To the rear axle works well.
Ake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:05 am:

Arnold, Herm, Mark, & Ake,

Thank you all for taking the time to post the photos of the original Weaver rear axle maintenance stand. Also for the do-it-yourself wooden rear axle dolly and engine stand for the many of us who could use the tool but do not have the room or only plan to use it once or twice.

The automobile and of course the Model T brought a lot of secondary manufacturing with it. There is a short History of Weaver at: http://www.castleequipment.com/Museum/history_of_weaver_manufacturing.htm I’m glad folks are preserving and in many cases still using the original equipment.

For Arnold,

I know I had difficulty posting photos initially. I would recommend start a “Photo Test” thread and just practice a little. For example now that you were able to post your first picture, you know that photo is small enough to post yet shows up nicely. You could repost it a few times on your test thread. That way you know it should post and it is not a size issue. You can also just “preview” your posting and not actually post it if you want. Most of the time if a photo shows up in my preview it will show post properly for me. Often when I have three or more photos in a posting only 2 or 3 will show up in my “preview” but the rest will show up when it is actually posted. And when I have one that is too large – the forum program says “one or more of your attachments (or something like that) are too large.” It automatically deletes the files that are too large and only leaves the ones that are small enough to post. If I am posting several photos I keep checking after I add a few. That way when it deletes one or both of them – I know it is only the last two photos that were too large and not one of the earlier ones.

For Mark,

I love the photos of your “junk yard!” I can remember when those could be found in several places. But they are becoming fewer and fewer.

Again, thank you all for sharing.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold Wellens on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 09:20 pm:

need a ring gear
stand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

Arnold I have a NOS (slower version) not the high speed one. danuser88@ktis.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:27 am:

I grew up in Springfield, IL where the Weaver plant was located. My step dad ran a frame and front end alignment shop and had several weaver tools including floor jacks and some alignment gauges. It was very heavy duty stuff and probably overkill by modern standards.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration