Poor man's rajo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Poor man's rajo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim B Boyer on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

Hello all,
I am in the process of building a 1928 Chevrolet head to a model T block for a poor man's rajo and I have a issue with some of the valves. Would any of you folks know of a modern replacement valve for that head or do I need to find some good originals?
Thank you for any input you might have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 01:17 pm:

Neal Jern Custom Machine in Redding, CA. makes the conversion parts. If anyone would know; he would.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 04:03 pm:

neal jern, or any machine shop will have books with valve specs, and probably just looking at it can get you close. really, its up to what you want as i'm sure you will be reaming guides, and probably going to a bigger valve. i have a chev head sittin around too that i always thought about doing up for a t. keep us posted on the project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

try www.fillingstation.com I used them a lot for my 1929 Chev Coupe, and was always pleased.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:37 pm:

Here's Neal Jern's website link:

http://www.jernthunderbolt.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:22 pm:

I did a 28 chevy once that had a bent valve and we used a 305 intake valve. Worked just like the original.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration