22 coupe qtr window lifts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 22 coupe qtr window lifts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

I'm working on a 22 coupe trying to sort out qtr window lift parts not sure if what i have is correct,would like to see a picture of lower glass channel where lift strap attaches , thanks Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

If I recall correctly it has a footmans loop mounted to the glass channel that the strap attaches to. The strap lift was used at least through the suicide door coupe body on the qtr windows. It will be the short one that matches the width of the qtr window.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

Mark Aden do you know the length, as I have some short lower glass channels w/the old glass still in them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:45 am:

I have lower channels for the glass with the loops for the lift straps dont know if they are correct when assembled they interfere with upper molding and wont allow glass to be pulled all the way up.If anyone has one apart it would help to see pics to compare what ive got to what should be in there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:18 am:

The bottom glass channel has a fold which faces to the outside. The glass must be sized so that you can lift the assembly up high enough so that you can push it out to hook the upright lip on the outer window sill. That supports the window and keeps the rain out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:20 am:

Thanks Jim i thought the strap was what held the glass up ? can you send some pictures of windows and lift straps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:47 am:

The strap was just used to open or close the sash. My 21 coupe body (no longer have) was open all the way or closed all the way no in between. When open it sat on blocks with rubber bumpers that were mounted on the rib and door pillar. I looked at my photos but do not have any of the qtr windows.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration