1917 Fuel gauge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1917 Fuel gauge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:04 pm:

Has anyone ever seen one of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

I've got one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

Yup, I posted this a while ago from our collection, It's new old stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Grohsmeyer on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Nice leather recliner . . . Please explain the operation of the gauge !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:00 pm:

Till I saw the 2ed to last photo I was thinking that the door popped open when you ran out of gas! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

Paul, You lift the lid (See second from last photo) and read where the indicator needle connected to the float is pointing to on the embossed #'s. With this unit there is no need to lift the seat cushion to fill the tank or check how much gas is in the tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

Here's the patent info. provided by Art Bell.

J. L. Nilson & J. Prince
Automobile Tank Filler

Patent number: 1212384
Filing date: Jul 2, 1915
Issue date: Jan 16, 1917

http://tinyurl.com/ygksn7m

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ygksn7m

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 08:38 pm:

Here is a photo of a slightly different model from an old eBay ad,
and a somewhat poor copy of an old Apex ad.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 06:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:40 pm:

this is great how is anyone installed one in there car and if so is it working well as I was thinking of installing this in the 12 to save wear and tear on the original upholestery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:53 pm:

Colin, I'd give it a go, you can always remove it easily if it doesn't meet with your liking. Let us know how it goes.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration