BC Canada speedster reg and getting collector plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: BC Canada speedster reg and getting collector plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry Sinclair on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 01:06 am:

Please help I`m new to Model Ts and I live in B.C.Canada
I have a question, Can a person here get a modify collector plates with a T speedster?
If any one in BC knows, please help me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:19 am:

I don't see why not. Did you try talking to Icky Bicky?

For the rest of the world, Icky Bicky is short for: "Insurance Corporation of British Columbia" aka ICBC. That's the gumint run mandatory vehicle insurance and registration ogre.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 04:34 am:

I see lost of modified cars at the show and shines with collector plates check with ICBC it may be a bit of a rig-a-ma-roll (complicated) but I am sure it can be done. My son-in-law works for an ICBC agent I will ask him in the next fiew days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:11 am:

I'm not sure what you mean by "modify collector plates". If you mean historic or vintage plates, I don't know about B.C. but, here in Ontario, the car has to be factory original. A speedster wouldn't qualify. I've heard of guys getting their plates confiscated for that which means a tow truck ride home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 01:25 pm:

Not sure what a collecter plate is but if you are talking about a license , Kansas anyway, you can register your car with a legable Kansas plate of the year of your car. Which is nice rather than a modern plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 02:09 pm:

This may be a good place to start.

https://www.google.com/#q=motor+vehicle+registration+bc+canada

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

http://www.icbc.com/registration-licensing/specialty-vehicles/vintage-vehicles
I don't think a speedster would qualify, but their use is too restrictive in BC.(test drives are not allowed therefore no coffee runs)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry Sinclair on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:42 pm:

I have a collector plate here in BC and this vehicle is total stock But I have a 53 Chevy truck with a 56 engine and I was told I would have to get a modified collector plate. I was just wondering if some one changed a Model T to a Speedster if it would qualify for the modified collector plates. Any one in BC Canada know. If not, I guess I will have to contact ICBC yes iky biky LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12:20 am:

Looking through ICBC modified collector plate requirements it doesn't appear that a speedster would qualify. It has to have a factory manufactured body or nearly resemble a factory body and no after market or fiberglass bodies are accepted.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration