Kingston B Regenerator Vaporizer Carburetor...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Kingston B Regenerator Vaporizer Carburetor...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:24 am:

Like the Holley Vaporizer I had to break the Kingston Regenerator assemblies into two parts.
Vaporizer Assembly.

I know there is no evidence of a gasket of any type between the bolt up plate and the manifold...but there would have to be otherwise it would leak vapor all over and I'm pretty sure the car wouldn't run worth a damn if it did that. If anybody knows what one would look like, please let me know, because I'm guessing this is probably what it looked like.

The Mixing Chamber

B-1 part numbers were used where the parts were common to both carburetors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Mahaffey on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 10:33 am:

It's superb, Martin. It's the first and only diagram I've ever seen that shows how the model B Regenerator goes together.

I'm planning to do a comparison test between a B-1 Gasifier and a B Regenerator, and your artwork inspires me to proceed with a model B restoration.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:19 am:

Martin
Those are really great reference tools.
Are you planning to do the same type drawings for the Kingston B-1 gasifier carburetor?
Ron Patterson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Mahaffey on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 02:42 pm:

Martin did the B-1 Gasifier first. Behold.

B-1

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

Hey Martin, what program are using to do that? It's super cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 04:53 pm:

Seth, the program I'm using is Corel Draw 11 and it's as manual...nothing is automatic at all...I even have to make my own archived parts list (make one screw, bolt, nut, spring and resize it for use elsewhere), lol

However, there is a revision on the second page (two part numbers on one part).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 04:59 pm:

Damn!

That first line is suppose to read..."Seth, the program I'm using is Corel Draw 11 and it's as manual as a Model T...nothing is automatic at all..."

I hate it when I think faster than I type, lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

Martin from a fella who use to use and teach Auto Cad and board drafting in industry and high school and college you are doing a WONDERFUL job!!!!!! I love your work. I also make a copy for my file. You haven't copyrighted it have you? (Just joking).
Great Work!!!
Joe in Mo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:03 am:

Thanks Joseph, no I haven't copyrighted them but I suppose I should...when I started I didn't think much about it, but now that I've got 25+ drawings or so (and more to come), I guess I should do some reconsidering. Not to keep folks from using my drawings or anything like that, hell I draw them mostly for the good of the hobby to help folks see what sometimes is hard to see. These two carburetors I drew for Jim Mahaffey for an article he's doing for the Model T magazine.

The problem with coping these is that they're smaller than the original and lower res as well. I do that so as to get them under the 200 kb required for posting on this forum. I fear that a great bit of the details in the parts is lost or looks sort of faded, where it doesn't in the full size drawing.

AutoCad is a fine program for engineering type drawing, but I find a bit lacking when it comes to illustration. SolidWorks is better, but the one I'm interested in is call GeoMagic 3D...now that looks interesting...makes a downloadable animated PDF which allows you view it as an assembled part or explode it to see the individual parts (I'm looking into it).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 04:19 am:

Those diagrams are amazing! Thank you so much!

My cousin just made part 2275-SX for the Gasifier that I am using on my sedan. He rolled it out of steel! The diameter of the pipe is a bit large for the tube, but as soon as I get it retrofitted, I will take a pic for the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 09:16 pm:

Too bad you didn't include the extra long elbow gas inlet they used on them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration