Mounting wind shield brackets on a 1913 fiewall

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Mounting wind shield brackets on a 1913 fiewall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Jackson on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:25 am:

Clarity for the last post I am trying to position the wind shield mounting brackets on a 1913 firewall . Does anyone have the accurate measurements.Thanks for you help .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:42 am:

You could have just added your comment to the original post. No need to create a new one. Without a reference back to it, this post is may be more confusing.

John Regan would most likely have that measurement. If he doesn't, it appears from photos that the brackets are very near lined up with the outer edge of the hood former.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 10:51 am:

4 1/16 in from the left and right sides, with the brass trim mounted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

Hello Larry:
Would you happen to also know what this dimension is for the late 1912 dash?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:22 am:

The brackets should be steel with steel screws vice brass for 13. Brass was correct for 12. Comments Larry?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:54 am:

The correct windshield brackets for 1912 are brass plated steel. Reproductions are solid brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:07 am:

I don't know mine to be absolutely original, but they came with my mostly complete 12 body. The brackets are solid brass, and the screws and nuts are brass plated steel. Still curious about spacing between the brackets?
Royce: Also curious whether this is the same spacing dimension as used on your earlier 12 2 piece dash? This has an original Rands windshield but I polished it without recording where these brackets had been positioned. This is a solid brass windshield that had been lacquered, so it took a serious buffing to clean it up....that work removed all evidence of the previous bracket positions.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

Measured the spacing on our 13 touring which is mostly original....was never a frame off restoration, just a good solid model T.
From outside edge of brass trim strip: 4-1/8"
Across fire wall, center to center of mounting holes: 24-1/4"

I used a non-calibrated tape measure....Larry's may be calibrated and he is younger. "Smile"

See you at the San Diego Big 3 or Bakersfield swap meets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

Is '14 the same?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:06 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:08 pm:

Ford factory photo of a new '14:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:28 pm:

the factory photo of the 14 looks like leather seats?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

No, it is new "Leatherette". Sort of a canvas with rubberized coating applied.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 09:24 pm:

i knew it should not be leather, but it sure looks good when new!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 09:04 am:

The original screws were indeed brass plated steel, but what is interesting is the nuts. They are also brass plated steel, and are 19/32" across the flats. Probably RV would know something about the availability of those.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration