Front bow pivot point

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Front bow pivot point
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Hickey on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:00 am:

I've noticed in many pictures of early t's with a two man top frame that the front bow is through the upper or lower hole bracket on the front vertical sleeve. Is there a reason for the choice?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:03 pm:

If I read what you're saying, the two different positions you are referring to are for when the top is up or when you lower it. You use the top bracket in the up position and the lower bracket for when the top is down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

The early cars require the front bow assembly to be moved to the rear before lowering the top. On my '10 the lead bow is riveted to the second bow permanently and is very low and often bumped into when getting in and out of the car (don't ask me how I know). To lower the top the two front bows are detached and moved back as a unit. This was modified on the later cars by providing a higher pivot point for the lead bow but as a result putting the top down on those cars requires moving that bow to the lower pivot point on the second bow and then moving the entire assembly to the rear. A bit more work but a lot easier on the forehead!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration