OT-Control Module For Intermittent Windshield Wiper...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT-Control Module For Intermittent Windshield Wiper...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:15 am:

I have a newer NH tractor with cab that has a standard on/off windshield wiper that is either on or off. This is a huge pain in light rain or mist having to reach up to a ceiling mount toggled switch to turn on and off every 30 seconds or so. I have looked at used wiper control modules on the net but they all have multiple electrical connections for more modern cars and I am electrically challenged. Is there a simple older module I can get with just two wires that I can place in line with the current set up or is this wishfull thinking on my part? I desperately need intermittent wipers...Thanks....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:37 am:

I haven't looked myself but try JC Whitney.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Quality kits has a set up. qkits.com Part # MXA041. About $10.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Radio Shack used to sell a kit for this, don't know if they still do or not.
Another option is a simple push button, it will start the wiper going for one sweep until it gets back to the park position.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:48 am:

Why not change the wiper motor to a vacuum unit from a 30's to 50's car?

They're fully adjustable and very intermittent :-)

With an accessory vacuum tank they can last for a short while of full throttle driving, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:16 pm:

Roger,With a modern tractor [Diesel] there is no or very little vacuum to be had. Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

Charlie B,
Is this kit something that an electrically challenged person (like Michael and myself) can make work?
I have an old VW Rabbit that needs 'em too.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

Why not just move the switch somewhere more convenient? It's rarely raining at just the right amount to match whatever intermittent pace. Just put it somewhere near the hand you want to use and bump it when you need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:40 pm:

Check it out. It's just a time delay circuit board and comes with instructions. Ya' gotta learn sometime Pal! What could go wrong? (LOL) Just re-connect the wires you cut and you're back to square 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Yeah...I guess I shouldn't be such a weenie.
I'll give it a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Seth, I sometimes plow or mow 18 hours at a time and into night so turning a wiper switch on and off hundreds of time in a row is definitely a huge bother.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:57 pm:

Charlie B., Thanks for the web site. I need to look at the schematics in my manual and see how many amps my wiper motor pulls. According to the site these units can get really hot if undersized and I would probably mount in the hollow ceiling where there is not much air movement. I did install the stereo unit myself without blowing anything up but more modern tractors are all computerized and they scare me when dealing with electrical/electronic components. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

Look at the motor and see if a 73-79 ford pickup windshield wiper motor will fit.It is 2 speed.Then locate the factory intermediate box that came from ford,useally find the setup on ebay.
I did this to my f350 that only had 2 speed.I bought the stuff from ebay to make it intermediate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:38 pm:

Install a Lucas wiper motor out of an old English car. Your wipers will forever after be intermittent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:27 am:

"With a modern tractor [Diesel] there is no or very little vacuum to be had"

Wrong, just check the intake side of the turbo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration