T Selfie

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: T Selfie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 01:01 pm:

In Ralph's Idiot Light thread Rich Eagle posted a humorous self portrait which inspired Carl Klem to suggest a special thread. Being a shameless ham, I'll start.

1915 Rumble Seat

Celebrating the dog days of summer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 04:40 pm:

I like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 04:45 pm:

Whooooh....easy there Steve....you might have slipped and uh......spilled that beverage!
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 04:56 pm:

Are you leaning on the T or is it holding you up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 05:44 pm:

The only one I have (so far) is in the assembly car in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

HOG's HEAD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:42 pm:

Methinks the cabin fever virus is spreading!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Post yours before spring. Only 42 more days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

Look out where you drive your T.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

Dang ! Sorry this contagious. But fun :-)
Also, nice (?) 2 see the faces behind the names :-)
official portrait

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:27 pm:

The know-nothing newbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:45 am:

Bob, how often do people ask you the year and make of your car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:22 am:

Hey Steve aren't your pics "Jelfie's" ??? ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:36 am:

I just groaned more on this thread than most of the reaaaaaly long boring ones. I love it though. Will have to work on a "Jelfy" of my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:26 am:

You'd be surprised how many people don't notice the license plate, Steve. In fact, the question I'm most often asked is, "What year is that?".
The oddest question came from a lady who, with a perfectly straight face, asked, "Is that a Rolls Royce?"
Then there was the guy who asked me whether the radiator was solid gold or just plated.

Other oft-asked questions are:

"How fast can it go?"
"I don't know."

"Did you buy it new?"
"Yes, I'm the original owner."

"Guess parts are hard to find, huh?"
"I can pick up the phone, order any part I need and have it delivered to my doorstep the next day."

"That's a replica, right?"
"A replica would be more expensive to buy than an original."

"Guess they're very rare, huh?"
"There are four that I know of, right here in this neighborhood."

"When was the last one built?"
"December of 2001."

"Where do you get tires for a car like that?"
"Vietnam."

And my favorite answer to my least favorite question is, "If I didn't tell my wife how much I paid for it, I'm certainly not going to tell you!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:31 am:

Bob, I'm gonna use that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:37 pm:

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS!!!!

good morning.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:39 pm:

Richard.........I hope those are well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

Richard, I guess we'll be calling you "Sparky" after that breakfast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 02:00 pm:

Things a little slow in Kansas Steve? :-)

Richard,

After a breakfast like that you should be firing on all cylinders :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

CONTACT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

If you eat them with the right amount of juice they go "Snap Crackle and Pop."

Now that is a GREAT Selfie Jay. And with a DU4.

Good lookin' Goggles Bob. You definitely need a Speedster.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

You don't have to be crazy to do this stuff, but it sure helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:13 pm:

Actually Bob, most of us started out okay,.....the "crazyness" seems to develop as you get deeper into the hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:35 pm:

It may be the Vanadium!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

Richard, Must be, because Delirium isn't on the periodic chart!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:49 pm:

I always thought insanity was hereditary.
I got mine from my kids!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:52 pm:

Aaahhh,......that's it! I've got 4 kids, 16 grandkids, and 7 great grandkids! So it's no wonder, huh? You guys just gotta' cut me some slack, okay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 04:22 pm:

Harold, I'd cut you some slack but I haven't found any to cut yet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:37 pm:

Well here we go roadster full of grandkidsgkids
then this is the day I got the "T"met
and I thought I would go campingtrailer
(the trailer actually belonged to my step-father

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

LUNCH BRAKE!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

Have any of you shown your wife this thread? Some of these entries could be considered "grounds". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 03:38 pm:

Rich does it again. People often type LOL when they don't really, but not me. LOL on lunch brake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 04:06 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

A skinny guy behind a fat man steering wheel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

Richard, Looks like the makings of a mesothelioma Claim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

TESTING SHOCK ABSORBERS.

.......Coil Tester.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 05:42 pm:

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid.
He says he can stop anytime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:27 pm:

Steve's rumble seat idea isn't as out of place as it may seem - here's a 1917 British ad reproduced in the new book about Model T's in England; http://www.modeltbook.co.uk/index.html

rumble seat

Still looks a bit dangerous in curves.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:39 pm:

We're going to need a lot more rubber rooms...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

Not as creative as many of you but it is one a friend of mine took while we were on a tour to the Oregon Gardens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

Well then,.......that would be a "friendie" Erich, NOT a "selfie"!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration