How many T's do you own?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: How many T's do you own?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

I currently own only one T, an early 1916 Touring car. I am really considering expanding my "collection" by buying a '14 Touring. Just wondering how many of you own multiple T's and how many own just one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:35 pm:

Be careful! I am up to around 10 and have enough sheet metal for a couple more. It is amazing how they multiply.(I tell folks to not turn the lights off in the shop.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:38 pm:

Mine keep multiplying. Haven't passed up a good deal yet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:39 pm:

Three, no room for any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:46 pm:

three and 2 A's plus lots of 50's and 60's but T's are the favorite

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodrigo Nunes Ricardo on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

Only one, a '25 Touring almost restored...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

I have 3 complete and all the parts of #4 to make another driver. All 4 are 26's but only 3 have titles and only 1 runs and drives right now. The list is 1 tudor, 1 huckster, 1 touring, (wife's project car) and the parts will be a cut off touring made into a pickup/hillbilly truck. On my wish list is an early 12 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:00 pm:

I have four.
'15 Rajo Speedster.
'21 cut of TT/Fond Du Lac tractor.
'24 pickup.
'24 Tudor.
I drive the Tudor year around and the open ones summer only.
Tractor not running yet...it was yard art for about 50 yrs before I got it. It's getting close to running.
Fun stuff.
Also have restored '40 Ford coupe and PU but drive the Ts the most.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:08 pm:

Just a measly three, have room for four, so guess I am looking :-)

Moving the '21 Autowa bodied touring to its garage space, the trailer is now available for storing another T. He He.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

Bob
The 40 ford pickup is my all time favorite pickup.
I envy you.
My 28 ford open pickup comes in second on my list.
Well maybe a 32 open pickup could push it aside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

Three, 26 Tudor, 26 barn-fresh Roadster, 25 Fordor(for sale) and a very large building full of parts. Wish list includes a brass touring someday. Wife would like a Roadster pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

I only have the 1926 Tudor... I just received my disk brakes this morning from Texas T. I will be installing a Ruckstell next month...I finally found one and if all goes well with the deal and shipping(I sent the check,just don't know the person I sent it to) I hope to install it next month. Saying all this, when I finish all the upgrades to this one I want I may buy another if one comes my way....I really am interested in buying and rebuilding another 26 engine for a spare...I like driving the T and would hate for something to happen that would keep it parked for a long time.....so I would like to be prepared.....I have a nice hot rod "48 Studebaker truck" but it seems to stay in the garage since I have the T.....I seem to enjoy it more....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

Of over a dozen old cars, only 6 are Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:21 pm:

Just one, a '13 runabout. Plus three Brand Xs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:23 pm:

Bottom Line Up Front: 3 Ts

As I live longer, I think I understand better that I don't really own any of my Ts. They all had someone else's name on the title before they were in my possession and they will most likely have someone else’s name than mine in the future. I'm the current caretaker and I hope to one day pass them on or even sell them to someone that will give them a good home. Technically I own them -- or at least the state would say I owe taxes or need to purchase tags etc. if I want to drive them on the roads. And if things went south I would sell them rather than starve etc. but I would sell a lot of other things before the cars. So right now I'm the care taker for about 3 Ts or 4 if you count Donor. [You don't want to be a car with the name Donor -- it doesn't bode well for your future. But Donor was in a accident and was purchased because it has a lot of usable parts to repair / keep the others going. And then there is the collection of body parts one 1915-16 Beaudett front half of a touring with the wooden seat frame and a 1917-20ish rear seat tub with a metal seat frame. It would have been nice if they were both wooden seat framed or both metal seat framed sections. ]

More than how many Ts a person is taking care of, I think a more important question is, are we enjoying them? Having fun and enjoyment with one T is much better than 5 causing stress in our marriage or budget etc.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:44 pm:

Too many, need to thin the herd. Time to start taking some apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:45 pm:

I have 4.

As it turns out, most people I know own at least 1 Model T, but very few of them own only 1.

What is 1 Model T? A start.
2 Model T's are a pair.
3 Model T's are a collection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

I only have one, a '19 Runabout and it is probably the only one I'll ever have. Some day down the road, I might like a closed car as well. Most likely a Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

5 whole ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:58 pm:

Three assembled, plus a couple of projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:01 pm:

4 whole ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

Hap well put, we do not own the T's we are preserving them for the future generations

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

09 touring, 23 sedan, 23 touring 26 roadster and a pile of 15 chassis parts That makes 4 and a half.
Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

1913 speedster, 1915 roadster pickup (daily driver), 1915 touring, 1927 speedster (daily driver) and enough parts to throw another speedster together along with close to 800 Model T accessories and counting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

Three. You need three. One to drive, one to work on, and one for parts. Now all three are running, so I just alternate between them.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:53 pm:

'23 Roadster, '23 Touring, '27 Depot Hack, '29 Model A Briggs Town Sedan

(......fortunately, I am now out of storage room......)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

Ahhhh,.....unless I buy an enclosed trailer,.....hmmmm.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rion Schulze on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 10:06 pm:

Had 3, now 2, but have a a 68 mustang and 67 chevelle to round things out. BUT, I know where that stinking A Coupe is sitting, which bugs me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

Two:

1911 Torpedo runabout
1922 Sedan (centerdoor)

Would love to add a '22 coupe to go w/ the sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 10:42 pm:

One till someone buys my model L

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 10:51 pm:

not enough

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

Seven and counting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:11 pm:

I have 4 T's -
'14 Touring
'25 TT C Cab with Express Bed
'26 Roadster Pickup
'27 Fordor Sedan

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:17 pm:

looking for another...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:27 pm:

Two. A '23 roadster and a '26 Touring Ute under restoration.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

I have 2-1/2....the 1/2 is a speedster project that is shared with another model T owner & great friend.
Also enjoy owning/driving 1 & 2 cylinder early REO's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

None (yet). :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Deckman, Ogden Utah on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

One in my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:55 pm:

Too many and not enough!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:18 am:

Just one T here as well...no plans for any more as the 3-car garage is full of 2 later jalopies.

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:25 am:

Been through 4.
The first was the '20 Coupe, then the '19 Touring followed by a '25 Fordor and finally the '27 Tudor.
I loved the Touring and Tudor so much I sold the Coupe, bought a Model A and filled the other slot with my '25 Dodge sedan.
Got a '59 Chev too....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:30 am:

Four going on twenty.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:31 am:

I like that thought Royce!
I have 4, '12 Roadster pickup, '15 Touring, '20 Runabout, & a '25 TT firetruck. Pretty much all I can afford. And the barn's full. It seems best to have more than one as it is becoming obvious to me that at any given time, at least one will be "down".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:39 am:

1/2 of a Model T. I say one half because, the engine is dismantled. When I get the engine together, I'll have one Model T! :-)

Ok, back to the point. I have a 1926 Model T Fordor Sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:47 am:

Let's see
22 Hack -favorite, complete
23 touring -complete
15 tourabout -project
15 touring -parts project hope to sell at Chickasha
25 chassis -project detour deluxe inspired
26 trailer
53 F100 -complete owned 40+ years
55 F600 -complete why did I buy it?
and a flock of vans - what was I thinking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:49 am:

Just one, my '26 Touring project, but I could definitely make room for a T truck or a pie wagon style T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:51 am:

I only have 1 "T" '27 roadster looking for another the rest of my list goes like this
'50 dodge PU (rat because it was too far gone)
'26 Buick (Current project)
'65 Corvair Convertible 140 4 speed
'74 MGB GT (every one should have one English car to drive them crazy)
'46 Plymouth P-15 (Fathers Day gift from wife 2007)
And because my wife complained that all of my old cars had transmissions she couldn't operate I bought her a '72 mercury Comet 302/auto then went to the flea market and got an airbrushed tag that reads Grandma's car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 09:42 am:

I only have one '26 Tudor that is eating its way through my bank acct. now. However, I am hoping it gives birth to a black car touring someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:12 am:

26 sq cab TT restored, 23 Rdster highly modified, needs better disk brakes, a wood cab TT. 2-26-7 2 dr sedans, 1-26-7 touring, 1-26-7 rdster pickup, 1-assy T w/ a 13 Metz body, and enough chassis's to build 15 more, a 2 cy garden tractor built out of a 26-7 engine, a old dirt track acessorised T . I'm a Fordaholic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:52 am:

I thank the powers that be that I have a 2 car garage and that the modern occupies one space otherwise I don't know how far out of hand I'd have got over the years. Every hobby car I've ever owned was the one I'd keep for good. Until the next one came along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:58 am:

3 drivers and a new engine going in the 4th which was a daily driver until I decided to rebuild it.

27 Touring (getting the new engine)
26 Tudor
23 Roadster
15 Roadster pickup truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:31 am:

2 right now, but I am always looking to increase, or decrease that number.

1913 New Zealand Fire Brigade Car

1927 Commercial Pick-up, L.A.F.D. Mountain Patrol Vehicle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

90% of one. I Almost have all the parts...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:32 pm:

17 touring. unrestored survivor
20 roadster. restored
25 pickup, restored
25 tudor. restored
would like a pre 24 coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:32 pm:

Three model T's , 1925 , 1923 , 1912 .
drie
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Toon's trees got a brush cut!! :-)

BTW 1 T and 1 A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

Should not the question be "HOW MENY T OWN YOU ?"

Just saying.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:41 pm:

one less! my 23 pickup got a new forever home today!! Divorces suck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 02:03 pm:

Gee, I've never actually written it down like this before. No wonder I'm poor.

'14 runabout - restored
'15 depot hack - restored - for sale
'19 centerdoor - restored
'19 Fordson - restored
'23 touring - restored back in high school '68
'25 TT C Cab - restored and in my profile
'25 TT Enclosed Cab - restored - for sale
'26 tudor - restored
'27 coupe - survivor, matching numbers, restored driveline, original paint - for sale - in my profile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:33 pm:

I have had 4 Model T's over the years. I have owned my 1914 T Runabout over ten years. The one any only. No room for another unfortunately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 04:53 pm:

Only the one, 'Mabel', our 1911 tourer. However, we are currently storing 'Luke', a very good friends 1913 tourer which we can drive any time too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:11 pm:

I have 8.Never met a T I wouldn't like to own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

Those of you wanting another, perhaps unrestored: there is a roadster well known to this forum In NM I saw In the classifieds... Priced right. Wonder if it sold.. No connection to seller o course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

I have 2 the 26 roadster (under restoration) and the 15 runabout (apart) Plus parts to build about 3 or 4 others

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:10 pm:

One that people would recognize as a car & one more that looks like some rusty stuff & only i can see a car in the making in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:32 pm:

Just one - but when an if finance allows, I have dreams of more :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:48 pm:

Two drivers,,,,,,,
1926 touring that I have been driving for 43 years.
1922 coupe - nice original that I bought a year and 1/2 ago.
Also, a 1925 coupe and a 1914 touring restoration projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Fishback on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:38 am:

16 tour
26 tour
26 del. hack
All drivers. Never know when another one will follow me home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:46 am:

Three, 09 and 13 touring, and 24TT (that I agreed to sell a few years ago to acquire another car, just haven't been able to part with it yet :-) ).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:49 am:

Five up and running. One half way there and two future projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:54 am:

Three. No room for any more, but I do have almost enough parts for another '25 roadster pickup!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:10 am:

I've got a 15 runabout that I bought from Royce in 09'
Basically unrestored with 40-50 yr old paint. Great car almost stock I even replaced the bands with nos cotton.
They are holding up well. It has a water pump I rebuilt that works fine. Nope I ain't taking it off.
Oh my other antique is a 22' 490 Chevrolet touring, what I call a GM model T. It was my late fathers' car restored over 40 yrs ago. The clutch and gear box get to me but I sure like my driver side door and leather upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

We have 5. A 1915 Gentleman's Roadster, 16 Touring, 26 Touring, 26 Speedster and 26 Coupe. Our 23 roadster which was used at the centennial for the assembly car was given to our nephew a couple of years ago for his 18th birthday. The car was named after his father, a police officer who was killed in the line of duty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 05:51 pm:

Earnie is that the whole family collection? LOL
WOW!!!
I got 10 T's plus a couple of parts still left. I think!!! ???
Don't worry guys I can't drive any of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Schmidt on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

2 - I think

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:45 am:

I own only a 25 touring. I want brass touring, but wife says I have to get rid of the 25 first. Maybe a new wife is in order.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

A '26 Coupe with an earlier engine, and a '27 numbers matching chassis that will become a coupe this year. Sold '19 Roadster, '24 Touring, '26 2-dr over the years. These may be the next to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

I currently own 5. Over the past 40 years, 26 have passed thru my ownership.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration