Odometer followup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Odometer followup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:03 pm:

for those who were following the odometer thread I started (because my insurance company -State Farm -asked for the odometer reading) it all turned out pretty well.

I just put NA in the box. They insured the car for 25k with 1k deductible at $350 a year.

I went to the DMV and got my license plate without a hitch in about 15 mins. (a 'hobby - antique' plate was a little more money.

Two interesting events getting the plate:

1. the woman was thrilled to do this and wanted to see pics of the car - her husband is an old car guy. She gave me her cell phone number so I could text her a photo of the car so she could show her husband! Can you tell I live in a small town?

2. In GA, you can choose one of two stickers that have to be placed on the license plate - either the county you reside in or "In God We Trust". I was fascinated. I guess the fact that you get a choice is their way of separating church and state. BTW, I chose the latter.

Now it's legal to drive! Yay..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

Michael -- Isn't it about time to update your profile photo and show us the "after" version? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

Mike...I still have to put the top on, but I posted it's current status last week with a thanks to the forum for everyone's help ...folks like yourself have been amazing.

Here it is again, if you missed it:
car

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration