Old Photo, factory doors? Keith.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo, factory doors? Keith.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:25 am:

Yes indeed those are factory installed doors. It is a later 1912 touring, after the elimination of the outside brass door handles on the rear doors. Perhaps April 1912 or later.

Here's one with the top up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:08 am:

I guess I didn't realize there were such beads on them. Are these factory pinstripes to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:06 am:

Erich-
Rolled beads were typical for all slab-side 1912 cars. Yes, the pinstripe is typical as well. ALL slab-side 1912 cars came from the factory with fore-doors.

Note the differences between the two photos:
#1) Brown lights and "non-arched" splash shield.

#2) E&J black and brass lights, arched & bulged splash shield, and long (60"?) speedometer cable.

Both cars have the top straps that attach to the windshield hinge.

Nice photos, Erich & Royce.

Are you going to go play in the snow today, Erich?

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

The top one would have the same splash aprons. The angle of the picture has to be just right to see that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

Yes Keith, I did and am loading the photos now. Will make a new post.

Thanks you guys for the details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:34 am:

Erich & Royce,
I love the old pictures! What a great reference for pin stripe. I have a 1912 with outside handles probably close to the end of outside handles. My doors are identical to the picture. I have a extra set of original doors with part of the original upholstery,if some one is in need let me know. I am missing the round nob , does some one have them or make them?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration