Old Photo - Brass Era T's In A Warehouse

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era T's In A Warehouse
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:35 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:10 am:

Nice photo, Jay. They look like '09 cars.
I'd like to see the details of the car on the left that looks like it has four rows of seats!

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:19 am:

Keith,

I think that from the radiator and the upstanding crank handle it looks like an N, R, or S Ford touring car. It looks like two rows of seats with a row of buttons in the upholstery causing each seat to look like two seats.

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:54 pm:

Terry,

If you look closer at the Ford with the crank handle sticking up you will notice it does NOT have the water pump that the NRS&SR Fords had. Also, the brass radiator ends above the crank rather than below the crank as on the NRS&SR Fords. Finally with a few exceptions towards the end of the N,R,S,&SR cars their radiators were not shaped the same at the top as the T radiators. Based on that Iím 99.99% sure that is one of approximately the first 2500 Ts that had the water pump engine.

Iím 80% sure that is part of a larger photo that was discussed a while back. I looked but I never knew how many folders I have label 1909 old photos! But in that photo there were a lot of the 1909 T and one N,R,or S Runabout (I donít remember which it was) that was closer to the camera. Lots of good details in that previous discussion and hopefully some new ones will be added in this one. And possibly a link to the previous one and/or the rest of the photo Ė assuming I remembered that correctly.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Hap, the car in question also has left hand drive which would make it a T rather than N,R,or S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 09:17 pm:

Below is a photo of the N,R,S & SR style common radiator. The very early prototype Ns had a slightly different shape to the top of the radiator but 99.9% of them looked very similar to this shape. [Also the core could be different and the filler necks varied by maker.] Photo of a 1907-08 Model S Runabout posted by Herb a while back:

Below is a photo of a Model S Laundalet with the T shaped hood and radiator at the top. But notice the water pump and that the crank is above the water pump and the radiator extends past the crank. Photo that Bruce found and posted on the MTFCA photo gallery.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration