I want

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: I want
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eugene story on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

I have a 11 torpedo 21 roadster 22 hack 26 fodor I want a t tractor conversion.M wife said any more and divorce is on the horizon, she gets the t s I get the conversion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

Eugene,
Did she say what kind of conversion you get??
Don't assume it has to do with vehicles!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eugene story on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 02:23 pm:

tractor conversion is what i want

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:18 pm:

They're still out there.
A friend gave me this TT/Fond Du Lac conversion last summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:24 pm:

Only trouble with that one Bob, is that it won't be any more fun to drive in the snow than in the summer!

(It'll just fun to play with all the time!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

Eugene,

Your fundamental problem is one of perception. You made a mistake telling her you want one. You should have told her you need one. After all, there's no telling when a good tractor will be necessary to get some work done.

Alas, it's too late now. Try getting her a nice diamond ring or bracelet or ear rings, then negotiate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 05:37 pm:

Looked for 4 years before I found mine. Drove 10 hours to get her. Always looking for another one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 05:49 pm:

Ron,

Are you talking about a tractor conversion or your wife?

Sorry..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

Tractor conversion of course! What else would be worth a 4-year search, a 20-hour round trip and elicit a desire for another??!! Well played though Henry, well played!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 06:57 pm:

You can sure get a woman with less work than that!
Hope my wifey isn't looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 09:32 pm:

I missed a Shaw a few years ago.Like a dummy I waited to long to go back to get it.Guy sold it about a week before I called about going to get it.A friend has a Pull Ford on a 14 chassis. Really neat setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

I'd be happy as a Lark if my wife said she wanted my T's (as long as she kept them and didn't sell them) !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:58 am:

I want this, even if not correct! The wife and I were fighting a bit and I almost got excited that I could do what ever I want. But we made up, oh well1911

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:37 pm:

Just go buy one...it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Not if she's got the mind set of mine. There's 19 acres of real estate with a 5 bed 2 bath house, a shop and another barn in rolling hills that the elderly owner is literally giving away. I could afford to pay cash with no sweat, but I wouldn't have anyone to enjoy it with, except my cats and dogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

:-)

I have the most understanding wife going...actually never had to ask. Just drag something home and she was always fine with it. Only requirement is her car always had a garage stall.

Then one day after what had been a few decades of marriage I was out with a friend and came across a '58 numbers matching Corvette...red and white...and I had always kicked myself in the butt because one year at Hershey long ago was a complete disassembled '54 in a box and I thought it too much work so took a pass...sigh. So my friend sees my eyes...and interest...says...you know you want it, just buy it and drive it home!

I had a better idea...let's go get the missus, come back, I'll take her for a ride and tell her I already bought it to see what she says before I buy it... still kicking myself for that one......

She had no interest in going back for a ride, told me if I must I must but asked me to think for once...too many toys...too many hiding places around and in the house. Sooo...I did not go back and buy the Vette...at Christmas I got one of those LEDO die casts of the same car year in the same colors as a stocking stuffer from her but with a blank stare when I looked at her....

But then I kept up my ways but only focused on T's and found that she not only wanted continued confirmation her designated parking place but it was going to be filled with a 500SL and then later after yet another T buy by me the SL was traded in on an E350 Convertible. (she said easier to get in and out of for an old gal)

Was lamenting this fact with another forum poster who collects huge...and he said his wife was game for everything but eventually wanted a Stingray style 'Vette as her reward and got it.

We giggled, said maybe the girls should have gotten to know one another along the way :-):-)

The real fun with my missus is that a '24 has basically disappeared and I still have the title and have it on the fleet insurance. She keeps wondering where I have it hidden, and possibly why I have it hidden...if she only knew...it got in the way and was disassembled one Saturday...it is all packed in the attic over her laundry room, but I'll never tell! Came close to being discovered when one member wanted to lay a low hood and high hood side by side and take outline sketches...I climb up and bring down the '24 hood...missus looks at it and says...that sure looks like the one off of the '24 by any chance is the rest of it...? I shook my head and told her no, this hood is from an insurance claim back in 1981, and I never threw the old one out! Danged, she is observant! No white lie on my part...this is the original hood off of the '24, it only bent the hinge rod, there is still a near brand new repro up in the attic over the laundry room along with the rest of the car...its just the engine and tranny that is out in the old pig-sty. Is OK, both of the boys know my secret.....:-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:03 pm:

Here is my Montgomery Ward conversion. Photos are as found and current condition. Im thinking of a new business venture and cash crop. Think Ill have any trouble with it ... Hope to have it running by summer ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:06 pm:

tractortractor 2tractor 3tractor 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:16 pm:

Donnie
The tractor looks great and should handle the plowing just fine.
BUT
Did you get permission from the cartel to compete with them. Oh yea and from uncle bummer.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 05:07 pm:

My Bride has the T addiction nearly as bad as I do. I can have all the T's and all the parts she can afford!

In truth she'd build more covered storage for more T's but she wants an A as well. I got it good and know it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

The WOMEN do try to control that dollar don't they?
I had to learn the HARD way I guess (twice) or was there something else? I have tried to ask them 30 and 40 years later and they STILL won't tell me. So I don't think it is REALLY the cars guys when they do go for it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

Some pictures of my Shaw - just finished her this fall. Working on a T doodlebug now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-TRACTOR-CONVERSION-KIT-/271398817790?forcer rptr=true&hash=item3f30a14ffe&item=271398817790

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 06:49 am:

That just sold on Ebay about two months ago - was down south somewhere. Buyer is in my neck of the woods and, apparently, is flipping it. Wonder if there's something wrong with it (as I recall, it didn't exactly sell for a "flip it" price the first time)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 07:00 am:

Yep - just blew the pictures up and saw that she still has Tennessee plates on it from the last sale. Not sure why he has it listed as an '18.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 08:31 am:

When someone says that something is rare I think of two things:

1. They are attempting to push the price up
2. It is not well done - or even medium rare :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:33 am:

I'd love to own a Pullford kit. They were built just down the river from my hometown. If anybody has one they want to unload, just let me know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:46 am:

Fred,

A local NPR radio station for a long time (maybe still do) ran the slogan for their station, "A rare medium well done." :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration