Wichita Swap Meet.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Wichita Swap Meet.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

Lots of venders, lots of people, prices from very reasonable to very unreasonable. Not a great deal of T parts, better assortment of A parts but mostly newer muscle car era.
Did run across a new A supplier and in Kansas. A-Z Model A Parts - Zanes, in Glade, Ks. They use the US postal service as much as possible to hold down shipping cost. Priced pretty much aline with Mac's.
It was good to go once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:25 pm:

I went to the Turlock Swapmeet a couple of weekends ago. Almost no T stuff, more A stuff (lot's of new A hotrod stuff) and mostly 50's and newer American iron. Hundreds of vendors, even more people, wide spread on prices.

The old timers said 15-20 years ago, it was 90% A's and T's. Not anymore. Like you noticed, it was good to go once.

It was a 300 mile drive each way, luckily I knew that I was picking up a set of four NOS reproduction '15 fenders, so the trip was still worth it.

Eric
SoCal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:34 pm:

I usually find a few things worth bringing home. This morning's haul included a two-cylinder brass tire pump which will be an easy restoration, $20; a bunch of small wire brushes in various sizes for cleaning out hard-to-reach places, and a few other small tools, $20; another #1349 hub cap wrench, $1; and a pair of New Day timers, $3 (no, NOT the dreaded "S" type).

I didn't buy this, but took a picture for show & tell. I've heard of these, but I think this is the first one I've seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:52 pm:

Steve,These came home from swap meets over the years. It takes a bunch grease to fill the tall ones!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:24 am:

Steve, I tried to get everyone to send me the "S" timer but no takers! I don't think I'm ever goin to wear the one out that I have as it has over 6k on it and still looks good. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

if that's all Steve got I am glad I didn't drive the 200 miles. and it was to cold!!!!!!!!!!!Chickasha will be here before we know it.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Scott Owens on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

I went to Turlock. I found a nice 26 coupe deck lid and my buddy found a very nice T pick up bed. There was a lot more T stuff this year than in the past few years. Very few empty vendor spaces this year. I was very happy with my finds as was my buddy. I will be back next year again, Scott

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration