OT-1918 Maxwell Endurance run. Great you tube clip!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT-1918 Maxwell Endurance run. Great you tube clip!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:08 am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECmRXsRycI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:10 am:

Nevin, Thank you so much for posting this link. It is incredible. Marvelous old film for anyone but what a treat for a Maxwell 25 owner to see. I'm sure a Ford would have done just as well. Too bad more Maxwells did not survive.

Thanks again

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:23 am:

The guy should have been thrown in prison. Did you see all the beautiful plant life and virgin soil he disturbed? Shocking!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

What amazed me about this car was the ability of the leather cone clutch, wood spoke wheels and the radiator to take such abuse. Now I understand why all the rope in front of the radiator, it keeps the trees out of the core!

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

Wow, and today we have a dislike for speed bumps! Humph!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:59 am:

He maybe only blew a tire and otherwise didn't break anything but you can bet that Max was not well after that run.
The fact that the front wheels survived those incredible looking side loads should tell us the car was going much slower than the film indicates.
I assume the passenger did a lot of walking ahead and checking out the terrain.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration