Old Photo - Wheelie Fun Parade T 1936

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Wheelie Fun Parade T 1936
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 09:29 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:51 am:

I wonder how much oil is getting to #1 rod?
The slope of the car is such that the oil will not flow by gravity down the internal pipe. It seems that there is something at the rear of the T, looks like an added wheel but I'm not sure I can make out any details. I wonder how much weight has been added to the rear to lift the front, I suppose it could be calculated but it's too early in the day for such nonsense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

Looks like the rear end has been moved forward about 3 feet, and the driver has on a Shriner's cap. Also, the flag at the left appears to have 40 stars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

There must be a row of stars concealed by a fold in the flag. I just looked at flag history, and there never was a 40-star American flag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:48 pm:

It was a common practice to move the rear axles ahead in these "parade" T's. Every once in a blue moon one will show up on the inter web.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration